Overclocked Bundle

Associate
Hi All

I am thinking of getting the following
Krypton Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Overclocked Bundle

Is it pre-assembled or can you build yourself ?
the reason I ask is I want to use a different cooler, and I am waiting on a few other bits and bobs before I assemble everything ready for use.

Also what would say reccomend for power supplyies for the above??
Above going in a Coolermaster Haf 922

Cheers

Alan

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe it comes with the CPU installed in the motherboard, but you need to attach the cooler yourself.

I believe you can change the cooler if you ask them - just make sure it is one that cools as good or better as the one that would come with the bundle and check that OCUK will guarantee the system (with the new cooler) for their 12 month warranty program. What cooler are you planning to go for?

As for PSU, what kind of graphics arrangement are you going for? As that will hugely affect the amount of power your system needs to be supplied with.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
As for PSU, what kind of graphics arrangement are you going for? As that will hugely affect the amount of power your system needs to be supplied with.

Was thinking about that exact question, i too was about to go for this bundle and i have 620W. single card 4890, should be more than sufficient?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
hi

the bundle will come with the chip and memory pre-installed.

all you need to do is attach the cooler and mount it in your case.

as for power supplies, I use the 650W corsairs to test the bundles on.
depending on your graphics card, this should be the minimum PSU to be looking at for an i7 bundle.

any of the good brand power supplies on the ocuk site will do the job.
you need to consider the following:

if you intend to add a second GPU you will need a more powerful supply.
look for a supply with the 80plus logo, this is generally a good sign that the manufacturer has put thought into having their supply certified.
look for a modular supply if you want to minimise cable clutter inside your case.
warranty is very important, a longer warranty is genrally a good indication.

what cooler were you thinking of going for?
i would suggest the prolimatech megahalem if possible. this is the allround best choice, especially when paired with a good fan

Associate
OP
Hi All

Thank you for your replies :)

I intend to buy the following:-

Krypton Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Overclocked Bundle ( Oc, Very soon)

Zotac GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (TBA)

Corsair H50-1 High-Performance CPU Watercooler. (TBA)

Haf 922 Case (TBA)

HDD to be sorted ?????

Windows 7 Ultimate (TBA)

At the moment I have a 900w psu. :confused:

I don't want it air cooled but I also dont want the hassle or expense of a full water cooled system so I have opted for the H50, I have read so many good reviews about it so I thought what the heck :D

I did email Oc to enquire about a deal for the above I had one reply so I will be getting the bundle here and i will have to buy the rest else where.

Thanks Again

Alan

Soldato
Hi All

I am thinking of getting the following
Krypton Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Overclocked Bundle

Is it pre-assembled or can you build yourself ?
the reason I ask is I want to use a different cooler, and I am waiting on a few other bits and bobs before I assemble everything ready for use.

Also what would say reccomend for power supplyies for the above??
Above going in a Coolermaster Haf 922

Cheers

Alan

The bundle comes with the CPU and RAM installed, the cooler is not attached for shipping reasons, so you can technically put any cooler you want on it. However you will need to make sure the cooler you choose will be effective enough to cool the bundle properly as if you suffer a hardware failure with a non standard cooler we are not liable.

We can ship bundles out with no cooler if you already have one so that will knock some money off for you or you can give our sales team a call and they call change the cooler to one of your choice :)

The H50 is good and will do the job, expect 80-85C full load. You can achieve better temps with a Prolimatech Megahalem as rjk has already said. Unless you go full water custom of course

Associate
I'm also interested in an overclocked bundle but I was wondering if it's possible to choose different RAM of the same speed as I'd like to use Corsair Dominator Tri Channel 6GB (3x2GB) PC3 - 12800 1600MHz DDR3 C7

Associate
OP
Hi NathWraith

Thank you for your reply..
I did send an email to sales to enquire about a deal because I was or am going to spend a lot of hard earned, and basically was I was directed to the forums and offered free delivery if I had 200 posts,,,, and as you can see I have 6 posts including this one so it will take me forever...

I did enquire if Oc would be willing if I purchased at the same time the
Krypton Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Overclocked Bundle and
Zotac GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card if Oc
would upgrade the cooling fan to the H50 cooler for free but as I said above
only offered free delivery with 200 posts :(
So been looking around and found a few bits a bit cheaper for GFX, Case, HDD still need to look for Psu but should not take to long.
I was hoping to get majority from the same location so the warranty is in one place for the major Items, but hey back to the drawing board.

Regards

Alan

Soldato
Soldato
I'm also interested in an overclocked bundle but I was wondering if it's possible to choose different RAM of the same speed as I'd like to use Corsair Dominator Tri Channel 6GB (3x2GB) PC3 - 12800 1600MHz DDR3 C7

Yes the Dominator RAM is fine for use in our bundles. You can ring the sales line and will swap it over to Dominator for you. It will be abit more expensive but thats just the price difference over the Patriot kit.

Hi NathWraith

Thank you for your reply..
I did send an email to sales to enquire about a deal because I was or am going to spend a lot of hard earned, and basically was I was directed to the forums and offered free delivery if I had 200 posts,,,, and as you can see I have 6 posts including this one so it will take me forever...

I did enquire if Oc would be willing if I purchased at the same time the
Krypton Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Overclocked Bundle and
Zotac GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card if Oc
would upgrade the cooling fan to the H50 cooler for free but as I said above
only offered free delivery with 200 posts :(
So been looking around and found a few bits a bit cheaper for GFX, Case, HDD still need to look for Psu but should not take to long.
I was hoping to get majority from the same location so the warranty is in one place for the major Items, but hey back to the drawing board.

Regards

Alan

Unfortuantly we can't offer free delivery unless you meeet those requirements. The H50 wouldn't be a straight swap as it is consierably more expensive than the Akasa Nero (the standard cooler). You can select the H50 on the drop down box which is an extra £33.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
May I just clarify, the requirement for free delivery is 250 posts and be registered on the forums for at least 90 days.

or

100 posts and be registered on the forums for a year or more.

Once you meet either of these criteria sets (and link your shop account with your forum account), all of your future orders with OCUK will have free delivery.

Associate
Since no one else mentioned it I thought maybe you could look at the samsung F3s for HDDs, and then if you want cheaper graphics looks at ATI's 5870/50

Associate
I was wondering about those bundles too. If I order a bundle and order more memory e.g. from 4GB->8GB or 6Gb->12GB will you test the overclock with the extra memory added? I've heard that it's harder to overclock some systems when you have both memory banks full?

Soldato
I was wondering about those bundles too. If I order a bundle and order more memory e.g. from 4GB->8GB or 6Gb->12GB will you test the overclock with the extra memory added? I've heard that it's harder to overclock some systems when you have both memory banks full?

The overclock will be decreased with extra RAM e.g. i7 @ 4GHz w/6GB will go to i7 3.4GHz w/12GB.

However for the new Phenom II six core chips you can run them with high overclocks and full memory banks.

Back
Top Bottom