Might get a Megane...

Associate
Need some advice here.

I am currently driving a 1.4 Focus on a 51 plate, I want to part ex it for a renault Megane, I have 4k as well as the car so my budget including is about 5K.

I am very interested in the 1.5 dCi 86 Extreme, does 55mpg in towns and upto 70mpg on motor ways which is a huge impovement over my Focus and is very cheap to TAX.

My worry is that a few people have said they have electrical problems (letting water into the bulk head), what is the truth behind this, do they suffer from electrical issues?

Anyone here have one?

I am looking at one in the autotrader not too far from me on a 56 plate for just shy of 5K with 52k miles, very good condition but had 3 owners, thats 3 owners in 3-4 years.

I also like the Focus C-max but my OH is going to start taking lessons soon so wants a car she will be comfortable driving in aswell but feels the C-max is too big.

I have one child and like to fish so need a roomy car.

Last edited:
Soldato
A friend of mine has a 54 plate diesel Megane. She is a carer so uses her car for work and its never once let her down in 3 years. She also has 2 year old twins and manages to get all the gear they need into the boot as well as the double buggy.

Go drive it and if you like it more than the Focus, then buy it. Nothing more can be said IMO.

Soldato
I would reccomend an elise or rx8. Failing that some sort of older BMW would be better, you could do all the servicing from home, plus it it the right wheeled drive.

Associate
They gives these to the unfortunate souls I work with who qualify for a company car because they are cheap tax and CO2 and all that BS.

I am yet to find one of them who likes this car. However, not heard of any problems (they are all fairly new though). The electrical gremlins will get it eventually though!

Back
Top Bottom