Would these be a good combination?

Soldato
Hey Dudes and Dudettes

Would 6 of these and 2 of these be a good combination?

I have the CM-690 II Adv. case and I want to have improved airflow over the standard fans. I dont really want a lot of noise but I do want a definate flow of air which I dont think I have right now. I was thinking 1 at the front and 2 at the bottom as intakes, with 2 at the top and 1 at the back for exhausts. I am not going to put anything in the side panel as I have plans for a custom window there, and my Megahalems is too big to put a fan there anyways.

Also as another question, I currently have an Apache Black fan on my Megahalems, and was wondering how I would power a second? Would I get a splitter for the CPU fan connection on the motherboard? If so can someone recommend me a 4 pin splitter as I dont seem to be able to find one.

Thanks

Soldato
Yes there bit more but your getting nearly twice the air flow and less noise
using them my self, set at full speed>silent running.:)

You won't need a fan contrller, there that silent.;)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-057-AK

Akasa AK-FN058 Apache Black Super Silent 120mm Fan £13.99 inc VAT
- Super silent APACHE fans in Black Stealth colour
- S-FLOW fan blade design delivers 30% higher airflow
- IP-54 military standard moisture and dust protection
- Super silent with PWM auto speed control
- Hydro Dynamic Bearing extends fan life up to 50,000 hours
- Dimension 120 X 120 X 25mm
- Bearing HDB (Hydro Dynamic Bearing)
- Speed 600 -1300 RPM
- Max airflow 57.53 CFM (97.74 m3/h)
- Max static air pressure: 2.98 mm H2O
- Noise level: 6.9 -28.9 dB(A)
- Fan life expectancy: 50,000 hours
- Connector: 4pin PWM

You can either set them to PWM or full speed in your bios.

Akasa AK-CB002 PWM Fan Splitter Cable £3.51 inc VAT

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-031-AK&groupid=701&catid=48&subcat=153

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My OP did say where I was going to put them. 2 Top, 1 Back, 2 Bottom (front) and 1 Front.

I will probably get 4 to start with and see what its like in fairness. Only reason I was going to get a fan controller was because I only have one single output on my motherboard to control case fans and I couldnt find a molex to 3/4pin converter.

That cable linked, am I right in saying that I get another Apache Black fan for my CPU, leave the current fan plugged into the CPU fan connecter on my motherboard, and connect this new fan up using the power from my PWM on my motherboard?

I really wish there was a site or somewhere that had decent images and diagrams of all these cables. I understand the theory of them but never sure which one to get and what supports what etc...

Associate
Tbh, I would go for a better airflow, rather than more fans scattered about.

There was a very good in-depth report somebody did a while ago on using many fans all around the case, and just a few at the front/back for a strong, fast airflow straight through, and they found that the setup using 2 fans at the back and 2 at the front worked best, in push-pull... From what I can remember.

Soldato
OP
I was thinking, after writing this of course, just to place 2 at the front (one actually on the front and one on the bottom front bit) and 2 at the back (again, one on the back and one on the roof at the back). Annoyling though, I have to have my Megahalems facing upwards because it hits my fans above it otherwise, I might move the fan above it forward slightly so I can get it blowing out the back.

Soldato
I would bother with a fan controller with the 1000rpm fans they run very quiet already. If you were going to do this I would opt for the 2000rpm version, so you can have some extra airflow for those hot days or benching sessions.

Soldato
OP
I would bother with a fan controller with the 1000rpm fans they run very quiet already. If you were going to do this I would opt for the 2000rpm version, so you can have some extra airflow for those hot days or benching sessions.

So get the 2000rpms, with a fan controller and just whack them down?

Back
Top Bottom