Pot hole = new wheels time

Soldato
My Dad has been using my old Saab, he hit a pot hole and now the wheel is buckled.

The car isn't worth much but tbh a new set of wheels would really help to freshen it up.

Any suggestions a style to suit? Pic of car

06062008063.jpg

I like the look of these http://www.dotzmag.com/15434_EN?webdid=284 but not sure they will suit, any photoshop experts in the house? :)

Thanks

Soldato
I like the current wheels.

When there's a nice selection of good looking OEM wheels, I'd go with that over aftermarket.

Soldato
OP
The current wheels got slated last time I posted this pic up lol. The car had just been washed hence the rusty discs.

Saab wheels are £1300 for a set, almost the value of the car, even used ones people want as much as a new set of aftermarket wheels.

Soldato
I have had plenty of aftermarket wheels in the past and never had a problem, what exactly is the fear?

I have aftermarket wheels on one of my cars so I can't say anything, but my wheel choice was based on them being a good quality lightweight wheel.

Chances are those DOTZ wheels will be heavy and tbh, not as strong as an OEM wheel (you'd be surprised the companies that make OEM wheels). Not to mention, you'll get a lot more street credz if you have a nice tidy standard example than one with a cheap set of alloy wheels on it :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;16716025 said:
Why does there need to be fear?

Do you want a new Peugeot or a used Mercedes?

Neither.

The Saab had new wheels with the previous owner and this one buckled quite easy, I can't see aftermarket ones being any worse. I'm not buying a car here just a set of wheels for an old car.

Back
Top Bottom