Played EVE Last night after 2 yrs!

Soldato
Seems like a heck of a lot has changed, loads of new skills, drone rigging, planet control!

After playing STO for a few months thought it was a right let down and a waste of spending £180 on lifetime subscription.

Anyone else recently done the same?

Soldato
I keep looking back at the game, often with fond memories as I was their the day the game went from BETA to live. I keep intending to log in with the 5 day free come back pass, but I never get round to it. Checked my account the other day, last time I was active was in 2005... that was a year after I cancelled the first time!

Soldato
Ive always wanted to enjoy this game..but it just seems to time consuming and sometimes a little dull..when I venture out with corps going for battles etc..I find you have to fly back with them and its not like you can just log out for tea and then back on....well you can but you will be all alone! lol

Associate
I also have fond memories of the game, and I'm very glad I experienced some of its high events.

However, I can't see myself returning as so much has changed, it felt like a chore to earn money for PvP, it felt like a chore to relocate my belongings for wars and operations. I don't have enough un-interrupted time as Mikoyan puts it where if you need a break or to leave you're on your own or deep in enemy territory.

Soldato
I also have fond memories of the game, and I'm very glad I experienced some of its high events.

However, I can't see myself returning as so much has changed, it felt like a chore to earn money for PvP, it felt like a chore to relocate my belongings for wars and operations. I don't have enough un-interrupted time as Mikoyan puts it where if you need a break or to leave you're on your own or deep in enemy territory.

Almost exactly the same reasons for me tbh. Used to love it but became a job. Come home from work, eat meal, log in, lead fleet for 6 hours or get stuck watching ship spin in station because there were naff all other FCs on. Wasn't the best FC by any stretch of the imagination but got really frustrating being bombarded with a hail of convos the second you log in asking if you were forming a gang. That, horrifc lag and disconnects when I warped into gates just put me off after 4-5 yrs of play. Miss it but can't really commit to the game like I used to.

On a side note, I reckon they should have a "Jump to Home System" button so that if you do have to go afk, you can log back in and jump home. You shouldn't have to be stranded in hostile space just because the baby needs changing or their is a delivery at the door or your neighbour has just keyed your car. :)

Soldato
Funny I logged in at Christmas with the 5 day freebie and on the surface thought nothing had changed much. Better graphics, more skills but missions where exactly the same.

I too have fond memories of being in a FA blob and logging because most of the corp were US and then figting your way back home in enemy space.

Great fun, my first MMO.

Soldato
Seems like a lot of ppl fell as I do, Beta and early release were EVE's golden time for me and problems aside it was probably the most fun I had in an MMO. Been back a few times since quitting for the 1st time but now it seems like it's full of people playing CSS in space.

Soldato
A couple of my friends have recently resubbed, so I might.

Its just that I know that I cant just have one account, it makes it difficult to do things, so if I sub one again, the other 2 will follow shortly after... :(

I also don't know if I want to commit the time to play it, its not something you can just pick up for an hour, then log out, doing anything aside from a bit of piracy requires you to sit and play for a few hours.

Soldato
eve is smaller than ever with the ammount of people in low sec and 0.0 spoils the game imo

I wouldn't necessarily agree about 0.0. I spent 3/4 of my Eve life living deep inside 0.0 and loved it. I think the idea of there being huge swathes of uncontrolled space where anything goes, all the more believable. To have it all with security status that prevent open combat would be daft and too scripted. The whole ethos behind the game is based around risk vs reward.

Caporegime
eh i never said make it high sec i said space feels to crowded in 0.0 back in the first year before alliances controlled every inch the game was a lot more fun.

making travel time shorter spoilt a lot of the game aswell i remember beeing in curse alliance and travelling a stupid amount of jumps to go and fight in fountain a lot of banter on TS as we flew was great fun

Associate
EVE is the only game that constantly keeps drawing me back in every couple of years. It's what MMOs should be all about. Also STO is a joke, the char creator is the best part of the game. :p

- Ordokai

daz

daz

Soldato
Would like to give Eve another go. My main has ~50m SP IIRC.

I would like to see if more could be done to make the game more fun for casual players? If we accept that fundamentally, the game is about PVP then you need to grind for x amount of time to have fun for y amount. The ratio between those two too high for a lot of people.

I used to love the free for alls on the test server where everything costs 1 ISK.

Back
Top Bottom