Anyone else's spelling awful?

Soldato
My spelling is pretty shocking; I've only just learnt how to spell avalible, jk. available.

Does anyone else have poor spelling? A possibility is that it could be down to computers. I.e. I've pretty much always used Word to write something, homework from year 7, coursework etc, etc. So I'll spell a word exactly how it sounds (which a lot of the time is wrong!) Then simply right click (or just F7 back in the day) and select the correct term without even looking/learning.

Soldato
I can instantly tell when a word is spelt wrong even if I can't remember how to spell it for some reason. My spelling is generally good anyway though.

Soldato
Mine's usually alright, just a few words which I don't use on a daily basis stump me sometimes, though on forums I'll use a spell checker built into the explorer to double check nothing is wrong, saves me some time.

Man of Honour
My spelling is so so, my written English tho its pretty terrible especially punctuation, grammar, etc. Unfortunatly when I was at school they were messing around with the curriculum and I missed 2 years of English lessons because they kept changing the year at which certain things were taught and I was never instructed in things like verbs, nouns, etc.

Soldato
It's like the 'does this make me look fat' question - no love, your fat makes you look fat.

In the same vein, do computers make me stupid... ;)

Associate
I've found if spelling a word how it sounds is wrong, I've usually been saying the word wrong anyway. Generally you can spell anything so long as you can break it down correctly and pronounce the parts.

Soldato
Mine used to be atrocious, but it has improved considerably over the past year or so because I've taken an interest in not looking like an idiot. The spell checking feature on forms in browsers has helped me quite a bit mind, to actually learn when I've gone wrong.

Back
Top Bottom