Quick Help: 3D TV recomendations..

Soldato
Hi All,

I have been asked to get a 3D TV setup installed and ready for a presentation on 3D tv later in the week. While ive done some research into the different 3D technologies i dont know who currently makes good quality 3D sets from colour / image quality point of view.. (it will need to be PS3 HDMI 1.4 compatible)

I also dont want anything too big, 37" is the maximum really. Anyone got any recommendations?

I am currently looking at the Philips 37PFL8605H - But ive never been keen on phillips sets.

J.

Soldato
What are you showing in 3D on the TV?, that Philips set isn't 3D. Whatever 3D set you choose go for a passive one as you'll need more than 2 sets of glasses for a presentation and the passive glasses are cheaper than the active ones.

Soldato
What are you showing in 3D on the TV?, that Philips set isn't 3D. Whatever 3D set you choose go for a passive one as you'll need more than 2 sets of glasses for a presentation and the passive glasses are cheaper than the active ones.

i think lg are the only people doing passive tech, which tbh doesnt give the best 3D image and would be poor for showing of the tech.

plus 40'' is about the smallest 3D availible i think.

Associate
Only issue with passive is the viewing angle, stray too far to the left or right and you will lose the 3d'ness, if it isn't an issue and your worried about cost, although passive sets cost more normally to start with go down that route, but if you can afford one with active technology then definitely go that route.

Soldato
OP
I went for the:

SAMSUNG UE40C8000 40" Full HD 3D

I got 4 sets of glasses and was able to negotiate a bit of a discount cus we needed 2 of the TV sets in the end. I couldnt find anything smaller than 40" but has done the job well.

Back
Top Bottom