Soul reaver & Soul reaver 2 Problems

Associate
Hi all
I recently decided to reinstall all my soul reaver games.
soul reaver defiance works perfectly but both soul reaver 1 & 2 refuse to work.

Soul reaver 1 just will not start i always get the same error message that it has stopped working after a few seconds of it trying to load.

Soul reaver 2 does load but the screen just goes through a cycle of trippy colours making seeing anything almost virtually impossible.

I have applied both all the official and even the unofficial fan made patches i could find to enable the games to work on vista, tried running both as a admin and set the exes to run in compatability mode but all to no avail.

I hope some member here can help me

Thank you in advance for any ideas

Associate
OP
I have tried all compatability modes.
As for a virtual machine .....i have not tried it because i know absolutley nothing about it

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok a update

I have now got soul reaver 1 too work but still have the same problems with soul reaver 2........under further investigation the game does load albeit with the trippy colours but if i press enter to start it plays the opening movie perfectly but when it finishes and goes back into game graphics i still have the trippy colours thing which makes it unplayable as i cannot see a thing.

any ideas would be appriciated.

Associate
OP
Ok the final update
After a registry change to disable vshaders i have gotten soul reaver 2 to work also.

Thank you to the 1 person that had any ideas and tried to help me.

Back
Top Bottom