*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Man of Honour
The navigation was turned on in Denmark today, works well. Another reason to love my desire

Update: The full list of countries has been made official now:

"Today we're launching Google Maps Navigation version 4.2 in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland for Android devices 1.6 and higher."

Google Search by Voice has also been confirmed, it's rolling out in French, German, Italian, and Spanish versions today -- with iPhone and BlackBerry compatibility to boot!

Source

Associate
Quite a few on here have got it for ~£350 on ebay. :)

Got mine for £320 just the other day, Damn Parcelforce to hell though ! :(

Tomorrow it will come now

Second hand on ebay ?

£320 would do me and, Damn CitLink too ! Useless ba.......

EDIT: Sorry never seen this.

True I got mine for £347 about a month ago from the bay, brand new sealed and unlocked, unbranded :)

Checking the bay and around £300, Might get one sooner than i was thinking, So much for booking a holiday :)

Last edited:

Izi

Izi

Soldato
anyone heard more about 720p recording and divx playback?

fed up of waiting for HTC, think this is going to be my last HTC phone as they are always so slow at releasing stuff.

waiting until april for 2.1, gave up got desire. now will be waiting 6 months for 2.2 and who knows for HD/divx

/rant

Associate
Is there due to be a new Android phone from HTC? Got a Hero atm but it's boring me now and want a new toy, thinking of getting a desire next month but can hold out if anything new is due!

Associate
Checking the bay and around £300, Might get one sooner than i was thinking, So much for booking a holiday :)

Girlfriend bought hers from someone new for £320 the other day :)

If you are on O2 or know someone thats on the network, you can buy the handsets offline for £285 from retentions which undercuts a lot of other places.

There a really big thread on HUKD about it and it's pretty straightforward to do.

The phones unlocked, but has o2 branding (startup and wallpaper). Nothing a rooted rom won't sort out.

Soldato
If you are on O2 or know someone thats on the network, you can buy the handsets offline for £285 from retentions which undercuts a lot of other places.

There a really big thread on HUKD about it and it's pretty straightforward to do.

The phones unlocked, but has o2 branding (startup and wallpaper). Nothing a rooted rom won't sort out.

Wow that's a good deal, wish I had done that myself - paid £400 here, but that was in March..

Might get another though :p

Associate

I'm looking for PAYG mate, £10PM and i get my 500 o2 and landline minutes, Internet and £2.50 left for texts.

Just ring everyone two rings, Hang up, Wait for callback :D

Don't you get a free Desire if you go contract ? That seems a lot when you are already paying out to them, Only £40 ~ £50 cheaper than buying sim free from the bay.

Don't really want to go into a contract at all, Media player/mobile browser (New toy) is the main reasons i am after this phone.

Soldato
I'm looking for PAYG mate, £10PM and i get my 500 o2 and landline minutes, Internet and £2.50 left for texts.

Just ring everyone two rings, Hang up, Wait for callback :D

Don't you get a free Desire if you go contract ? That seems a lot when you are already paying out to them, Only £40 ~ £50 cheaper than buying sim free from the bay.

Don't really want to go into a contract at all, Media player/mobile browser (New toy) is the main reasons i am after this phone.

You can get it for £285 with o2 and don't need to have it on contract with them, that's what he's saying - and I've read the thread on HUKD's where this is a common occurrence :)

Soldato
You can get it for £285 with o2 and don't need to have it on contract with them, that's what he's saying - and I've read the thread on HUKD's where this is a common occurrence :)

from what I understand it's a mid-contract upgrade on the phone, they don't just hand out £400 phones for little over half price for fun now ;)

Back
Top Bottom