Has anybody got a good beginners guide on how to use itunes ?

Caporegime
Looking for a nice easy guide on how to get music onto an iphone, and how to sync it etc..

I can do it myself, but looking for a nice idiots guide to give to somebody else.

Guy

Guy

Associate
Aha perfect timing was just about to post something similar. Is there anyway to get rid of music on itunes that I have moved the music out the directory it knows? Like remove dead files on Winamp?

Caporegime
OP
Just use the standard windows shortcuts

use ctrl + a to select all

or select the file at the top of your list, hold down shift, then scroll down the bottom, select the bottom file. Both will select all.

Guy

Guy

Associate
Might not be being clear, sorry.

I have loads of (!) scattered about my library and I want to select them all and delete. The only way I have found that works is manually selecting them and it takes aaaages. Does that make any sense? Cheers

Commissario
I don't have the link handy but you can get a script that does it for you. It's called something like 'super dead track remove' and is worth a google for. It works really well, on the odd occasion vie managed to get some dead links it's cleaned them for me.

Caporegime
OP
Might not be being clear, sorry.

I have loads of (!) scattered about my library and I want to select them all and delete. The only way I have found that works is manually selecting them and it takes aaaages. Does that make any sense? Cheers

i getcha now

I dont know of any other way than manual no. Try feeks idea :)

Guy

Guy

Associate
Bah Mac only that one Feek, but cheers anyway

MrLOL, thanks for your help mate

Apparently there is a way of doing it with playlists, still playing with it to get it to work.

edit: Aha, worked around it. Select all, change something on all the files like BPM and it wont be able to update the (!) ones, so then I can easily get rid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom