360 questions

Soldato
Hi all,

Couple of 360 questions:

1) I have an elite + cables however i've been given a couple of older core packages for repair but the power cable doesn't fit. It's slightly different in the middle. They also have slightly different power outputs. Can the newer one have the small piece of plastic removed to work or am I going to have to buy a new power cable?

2) Any site recommendations for xbox repairs and moddifying? I currently have 6 xbox's downstairs with various problems :(

Associate
With each new generation of the 360 motherboard, they had a different power supply (lower wattage each time). Each gen of the PSU can only power its own gen console or newer ones - e.g. you can't use the newest Jasper one to power older consoles but you are supposed to be able to use an original (release day) one to power any 360.

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/360powersupplies.png/

Last edited:
Soldato
With each new generation of the 360 motherboard, they had a different power supply (lower wattage each time). Each gen of the PSU can only power its own gen console or newer ones - e.g. you can't use the newest Jasper one to power older consoles but you are supposed to be able to use an original (release day) one to power any 360.

This is correct afaik. :)

Back
Top Bottom