Insurance for laptop + gear (student - advice needed)

Associate
Hey all,
I was thinking on going with this lot under the student program they offered,
I received a call from them today regarding the quote I requested and they seemed very positive, has anyone got any other insurance firms that they have used here for laptops, ipods etc.

I got a quote for £99 covering my £2k worth of gear (macbook pro, ipod).

Cheers

Man of Honour
which company are you refering to? I've used endsleigh for the last few years and had to put a claim in for my laptop after I dropped it last month and have no complaints.
I filed the claim online and they got back to me within the day and passed me onto the company they use to inspect the goods who arranged courrier pick up within a day or 2 then 2days after reciving it they called me up and offered me a cash settelment straight into my bank account.
Very quick and smooth.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I was always with Engsleigh as a student.
No idea if they're any good though as I never had to make a claim..

Associate
Also had Engsleigh student insurance for all my goods and it also covers your portables outside the house too. Although I've never made a claim, from my experience it is simple to set up as you can do it in 10 minutes online and I think its a very reasonable price.

Had to phone one time to inform them of a change to my details and they were very helpful and polite :)

Associate
The GF is at uni and she uses Endsleigh and they're a pretty efficient set-up to be honest. She wiped out her Macbook pro a month or two back and they were quick to send out the cheque and liase with the company who actually repaired the Macbook and generally pleasant to deal with. It's who all students seem to go with and everyone i know who has made a claim had nothing but good things to say about them.

Back
Top Bottom