University finals

Associate
My university finals start tomorrow :eek:. About to go to bed so I can get up at 7 for some last minute cramming. ;)

Anyone else taking any? I know most will have finished already

Who remembers theirs? How much do you think your grade affected you?

Caporegime
I vaguely remember mine from 15 years ago. I was fairly well prepared but that didn't diminish the worry because at the time I genuinely thought that my grade would make a significant difference to my career. As it turned out, I was wrong.

I got a 2:1, could perhaps have achieved a first if I'd knuckled down more, but the sad fact is that unless you're going for one of the real professions (doctor, accountant, lawyer etc), the grade achieved is less important than you may think.

Associate
I finished my finals last week - they actually went ok, better than the second year exams, though I've had a couple of dreadful pieces of coursework this year so I'm expecting a Desmond rather than a 2:1 now : (

Soldato
I remember getting a serious insight boost from Maths cramming the night before the exam. If I hadn't done those few hours I'd have ballsed up a first.

content

Man of Honour
I finished yesterday (MA in law) - very stressful, I wish you the best of luck! :)

^ haha I have a Rocky poster above my desk to motivate me :D

Soldato
I finished yesterday (MA in law) - very stressful, I wish you the best of luck! :)

^ haha I have a Rocky poster above my desk to motivate me :D

I have land tomorrow :( How I hate land. I thought i'd take a small OCuK break before giving up on mortgages until tomorrow and instead revising freehold covenants :p

7 exams in 10 days is just mean :(

Soldato
Finished all my final exams last week, ended up having two in the first week and then three in three days the next week which wasn't nice. Nice though that I only need to score about 45% on them to get a first though :)

Man of Honour
I have land tomorrow :( How I hate land. I thought i'd take a small OCuK break before giving up on mortgages until tomorrow and instead revising freehold covenants :p

7 exams in 10 days is just mean :(

That is indeed a lot of exams, I truly sympathise. I had four in total, but the amount of content in each one was nauseating. Land law was my final exam - by far the worst, I essentially had to cram the bugger in three days.

And nooo mortgages is yummy for an essay, so much to talk about - I'm very glad it came up. I skipped covenants completely :p

Best of luck :)

Relieved, or mainly scared of having to work in the real world now?!

I finished my exams on the Friday just gone... three hour long exams aren't a massive barrel of laughs ;s. My modules next year have been confirmed as criminal law (advanced [lol]), European Union law, property law (I + II) and international law (I + II). I reckon EU law will cause me to go postal, but there we go.

Well I would be relieved if I wasn't scared that I possibly failed land law and thus have to pay £25k back to my sponsoring firm :eek: Realistically I probably didn't, but it's certainly enough to make you stress :p

This year I did (at LLM level) 'criminal law and criminal justice', 'constitutive and substantive EU', 'land law' and I chose as an option 'regulation of financial markets and institutions'. EU law was actually pretty interesting once you got it down, pain in the arse trying to remember the case names though.

I take it you made it through ok?

I finished on tuesday (intercalated BSc) and got a 1st - such a massive relief! Freedom is wonderful :D

Congratulations :)

Soldato
Got a 2:1 in my BSc (69%!!!! grrrr) and a Merit in my MSc (69% again!!!!!!). I am very grateful that I put the extra time and effort into my work to get the grades I got and am slightly disapointed I didn't get a first or distinction but hey-ho.

A 2:1 is a must in this day and age, you may however argue that a Masters is the new Batchelors degree. Masters degrees are tending to be the norm nowadays.

JC

JC

Soldato
Finished 3 weeks ago so I've been enjoying the recent freedom. Hoping that I have done well so that I can take up a job offer

Back
Top Bottom