Nice areas in North London

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy in a house near North London but have no idea what are the best areas and the areas to avoid. I would also consider NE or NW London. I want a safe and quiet area for the family.

To give you an idea, my budget would be £300k max. So what the are best/nice areas to consider and the areas to avoid?

Cheers!

Caporegime
A house for £300k in a nice area of London? I think you may need to reconsider I'm afraid. To give you an idea, my sister owns a 2-bed flat (newly built in '05) in Stoke Newington, which while isn't the worst area of London is far from the nicest. She got it valued last year at £280k.

Nice areas of North London include Finchley, Golders Green, and Hampstead. But like I say I doubt you'll get a house for £300k in these areas. A flat might be a possibility.

Associate
I have found some houses within budget in the above areas. any thoughts?

Edgeware, Enfield and Colindale all have nice areas and very very rough areas a few hundred yards from the nice areas. This is true with everywhere in London. Wherever you find a nice little pocket, there will be a council estate 300 yards away.

I work in London and have to be close, so for this reason I moved to Bushey, Hertfordshire. Very close to London, nice little town, just a little further out and less number of undesirables, making you less likely to be a victim of crime.

Soldato
How far out are you willing to go?

I was based in Northwood, that and places close by like Pinner were nice, but I doubt you'd get a nice house for 300K.

Associate
Out of the locations you have already looked at, I'd reccomend Edgware as it's the most commutable for Central London and the City.

I would, like other people have suggested, add an extra 15 minutes onto a commute and move further out though. Much MUCH more for your money.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Edgeware's a good shout actually, tube station straight on the northern line, close to the M25, M1 etc. Far enough out of London your not paying London prices.

I used to live in Hatfield and we'd get a bus to Edgeware to go out in London as it worked out a lot cheaper than getting the train down.

I would say though that's probably as far north as you'd want to go as it's one of the most northern tube stations (possibly second to Cockfosters?). I wouldnt really want to go anywhere without a tube station if you want to be close to London.

Back
Top Bottom