Where do i get those clips to attach a fan onto a heatsink?

Soldato
I have a freezer 7 pro rev 2 but the fan failed.

Where can i get a fan for this (alos what size is it) and where do i get those fan clips from

Thanks

Associate
ok the fan you want to replace your failed one is
Arctic Cooling Fan F9 Pro PWN 700 to 2000 RPM Fluid Dynamic Bearing 9.5 dbA

however OCuk dont seem to stock this particular model.
i have found it via a uk dealer but due to forum restrictions i can not name the company here.

But if you enter the name of the fan via either bing or google uk the top of the list is where you can purchase it.

to attch it to your heatsink all you have to do is carefully remove the failed fan from the rubber gromets and the same with the new one and swap them over.

Soldato
OP
thanks, but the thing is i need those clips. because ive thrown the old fan away a long time ago all ive got left is the heatsink

Associate
thanks, but the thing is i need those clips. because ive thrown the old fan away a long time ago all ive got left is the heatsink

With you getting rid of the old fan then all i think you can do is either troll the bay and get one or put an ad in the wanted section of the members market im sure there are plenty members here that still have one of those lying around.

saying that im sure ive got one of the amd versions lying about which is still in working order.

Soldato
OP
sorry for being such an idiot.

on the rev two the fan kinda has two clips 'built on' to fit onto the heatsink

will the new fan have these clips. all i have left is the silver part(heatsink) absolutley nothing else

Associate
theyre case fans dont have those clips attached to them, as you have thrown away the old fan you will need to get one specifically for the heatsink. I did have a look at AC website and they dont stock the fans for the cpu heatsink seperatly.
If you had the old one as i mentioned before for £5 all you would have to do is swap the fans about keeping the original mounts.

Back
Top Bottom