Question regarding case air-flow, old Chieftec case and Seasonic X-650.

Soldato
I have a rather old Chieftec Midi Dragon, it's the version with just 2 x 80mm rear fans. It's out dated but I've owned it since 2001, at some point I accept I should upgrade it.

Currently it's fan configuration is as follows. The 2 x 80mm rears have some PWM artic cooling 90mm fans installed. At the front there is a single 80mm blowing air in. The only other air extraction is the fan on the GTX 260, and the OCZ 600w that extracts at least the volume of air of all other fans conbined.

I have just ordered a Seasonic X-650 to replace the OCZ 600w, part of the reason was the fan in the OCZ was becoming too noisy, plus the X-650 was on offer.

Here is the question. The x-650 is semi passive cooled will there now be enough air flow over the system, or will the X-650 give sufficient flow once temps raise up?

Soldato
OP
Well I fitted the X-650, the fan does not spin! It also appears to give off little / no heat. This PSU is from another world, I think ET made it!

The crazy thing is air is being pulled into it (from outside) via the case exactor fans.

Back
Top Bottom