best place to find exotica ?

Permabanned
I need practice photography wise of photographing fast cars ready for a few trips to the ring, one in september ish time.

I dont really know anyone anymore who has a decent car so im wondering wheres the best place to go ? Im thinking of tagging along to some of the bristol jap scene meets (tatsu) with the camera, and then theres evo triangle etc in wales however thats a bit of an offchance if anyone will be out. I live in cornwall / devon so not really many cars down here that are actually nice...

Ive been standing on the local overpass but all thats been going past is trucks and normal cars, nothing nice.

Soldato
Santa Pod dragstrip, Shakespeare County Raceway and North Weald airfield feature some very fast cars, could head there. Only going in straight lines mind but it makes it easy to shoot, as you know where they're going to be and end up :D

They do have various track/drift days at these sites too, so have a look at the calender :)

Man of Honour
People with serious cars are very often very very cautious about who they let near let alone photograph their cars.

Associate
Incidental photography of cars usually sucks, i hate shooting car shows and club meets for two reasons.
1) You don't have a choice over where the cars are positioned, grass and car park lines are big problems usually, as well as the background.
2) Cars are usually crammed in so you can't find nice angles.

I'd start shooting your own car first, mates cars etc. Okay they may be ordinary but the principles are the same (mostly) as more exotic metal. If you can make a passat look good you can make a ferrari look amazing. Think about the folk who shoot for something like What Car magazine, sure they arn't in Monaco shooting the 458 but in Surrey shooting a Toyota Iq. They still have to make it look good!

daz

daz

Soldato
Wander around Mayfair and you're sure to spot something decent. Go from picadilly -> bond street -> berkeley square -> grosvenor square.

Permabanned
Incidental photography of cars usually sucks, i hate shooting car shows and club meets for two reasons.
1) You don't have a choice over where the cars are positioned, grass and car park lines are big problems usually, as well as the background.

I'd start shooting your own car first, mates cars etc. Okay they may be ordinary but the principles are the same (mostly) as more exotic metal. If you can make a passat look good you can make a ferrari look amazing. Think about the folk who shoot for something like What Car magazine, sure they arn't in Monaco shooting the 458 but in Surrey shooting a Toyota Iq. They still have to make it look good!

Take it you have not seen my link?

Caporegime

I agree.

Case in point:

2rxwcg3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom