• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Speedstep suddenly not working

Associate
ok so suddenly out of the blue it seems that the intel speedstep isn't working, i mean i as soon as i log into my pc its constantly at the overclocked 3.6GHz and never comes down no matter what is running. Now im alright with that but i dont want to wearout the processor by having it running as if on full load when im just browsing the internet. I haven't gone into the bios to change anything ever so you can rule that out. Could a programme changed it at all? Also what would it come under in the bios? Cheers guys

RJC

RJC

Don
Have a look in the BIOS for EIST & C1E.

Don't worry you wont wear out your cpu. I have mine at 4ghz always.

Soldato
I used to think speestep wasn't working, but Windows background stuff was just keeping the clocks high. Like antivirus, defrag, indexing etc. If I watched for long enough then I saw it go down to 6x multi. This is with Vista & 7. If you're using XP then I'd be more worried.

Soldato
Happened to me, then I realised the power management on Windows set itself to high performance. I wonder why it did that... Just check the power management settings on Windows, if it is on High performance, set it back to balance.

Back
Top Bottom