*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
I expect all 5 networks to be following suit to be honest - I'd be very surprised if in 3 months you'd be able to get an unlimited data tariff on any of the networks (for a reasonable price).

Soldato
I expect all 5 networks to be following suit to be honest - I'd be very surprised if in 3 months you'd be able to get an unlimited data tariff on any of the networks (for a reasonable price).

Yep. Going the same way as home broadband. At least the mobile networks have had the good grace to not to keep insisting a capped service is unlimited like the ADSL providers... (citing a "typical" user)

TJM

TJM

Associate
I've used 943MB since getting my 3G in July 2008 and I check my e-mails several times a day and do a bit of browsing. I have no idea what people could be doing with their phones to use more than 500MB a month.

Soldato
See 16gb GS models going for £350 and up on the bay, how much would I likly take back from that after Bay takes their cut do you think?

And whats the likly hood the new 16GB would still be at £450 bought directly?

Soldato
Just don't go for Vodafone. They charge you ridiculous amounts even if you slightly go over the 500MB limit...
they dont because i go a bit over every single month

they say they may start charging repeat offenders but you get a warning first the same as on the new o2 data tariffs

Soldato
Hi guys

Is the reported battery life better on the new model? I spoke to o2 and they said I's have to pay £20 for every month of my remaining contract if I wanted to upgrade early, approx £240 for me

RJC

RJC

Don
If you log on to your o2 account, go to My Bills > scroll to Recent Charges and click Browse & download, hopefully this should show what you have used.

Soldato
If you log on to your o2 account, go to My Bills > scroll to Recent Charges and click Browse & download, hopefully this should show what you have used.

Only shows current month and not past?

EDIT: Going on last month to the end of this month (12 days left) I have used 49mb, I'm always hetting emails and bits on the web but to be fair a lot of mine is at home or at work all over wifi so I think 500mb would be ample for me

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know roughly how much the 3GS was PAYG when it came out? I've seen people mention around £450 to £500, is that about right?

The 32GB was £540. Can't remember how much the 16GB was, as I went straight for the 32GB! O2 were sneaky and made everyone topup by £10, making it £550. Slightly annoying given that the PAYG SIM went straight in the bin and in went my 3G contract SIM!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only used 5GB in the last two years with what I would think was fairly heavy use so I dont see this as a big deal. Even with Spotify on multi tasking I cant see my usage doubling.

Hopefully capping those that take the mick will improve the service for the rest of us.

Soldato
Hi guys

Is the reported battery life better on the new model? I spoke to o2 and they said I's have to pay £20 for every month of my remaining contract if I wanted to upgrade early, approx £240 for me

IIRC according to the official blurb from Apple, it is 20% better. You'll still be charging at least once a day I would think ;)

Associate
I only just subscribed to spotify. However, according to their site, spotify streams at "approximately 160kb/s". I work that out at 7.11 hours of streaming before you hit 500MB. Or, put another way, approximately 14 minutes of 3G streaming a day for a month. This assumes no other data usage and that you dont use the offline mode.

Oh, and yes, I am bored :p

Back
Top Bottom