Gulf Oil Spill ( LIVE FEED )

Man of Honour
Subsea operational update:

• For the first 12 hours on June 10th (midnight to noon), approximately 7,630 barrels of oil were collected and 15.3 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• On June 9th, a total of approximately 15,800 barrels of oil were collected and 31 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• The next update will be provided at 9:00am CDT on June 11, 2010.

Updated June 10 at 6:00pm CDT / 12:00am BST

Soldato
So how do you put a fire out underwater? :D

fireee.jpg

Man of Honour

• For the last 12 hours on June 10th (noon to midnight), approximately 7,770 barrels of oil were collected and 15.4 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• On June 10th, a total of approximately 15,400 barrels of oil were collected and 30.8 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• Total oil collected since the LMRP Cap containment system was implemented is approximately 88,700 barrels.

• As more oil is collected, further transfers from the Enterprise to Massachusetts continue.

• Dispersant use was reduced from 10 to 7 gal per minute as more oil is collected.

• Operations were stable.

• The next update will be provided at 6:00pm CDT / 12.00am BST on June 11, 2010.

Updated June 11 at 9:00am CDT / 3:00pm BST

If I’m not mistaken that is the first time this report has mentioned dispersants.

Soldato
What the hell are BP up to in Florida?

The Madeira Beach fishermen are on their third BP claims adjuster and a conference called, scheduled for Tuesday, was canceled and hasn't been rescheduled.

Man up BP :mad:

Soldato
So David Cameron has shown how spineless he really is by refusing to stand up to Obama and his anti-British comments.

To be fair, someone who I despise, Boris Johnson is the only Conservative to show any kind of strength on the matter.

Soldato
So David Cameron has shown how spineless he really is by refusing to stand up to Obama and his anti-British comments.

To be fair, someone who I despise, Boris Johnson is the only Conservative to show any kind of strength on the matter.

I really want BP to pay passive dividends next week. Just to put two fingers up to Obama!

Associate
I read a comment on youtube (looked legit) where the commenter said he new someone who was on the rig and the blowout preventer was visibly damaged three days before the explosion, and hence the start of the whole disaster, and the crew, or seniors, didn't wan't to stop drilling immediately. Now the gusher happens and there is nothing to stop it, ie the BOP is the best form of redundnacy, but they knew the BOP was damaged. Now Tony Hayward says on TV saying that what happened was a 1/100,000 chance event, but what he really meant was that beacuse they haden't ceased drilling to fix the BOP then they had these high odds for a disaster. So basically assuming the BOP could handle the pressure of the gush then this whole thing could have been prevented. I think this is why BP are being hit so heavily with what seems like unlimted liability costs. Obvioulsy the US gov know all this.

Man of Honour

• For the first 12 hours on June 11 (midnight to noon), approximately 7,720 barrels of oil were collected and 15.5 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• On June 10, a total of approximately 15,400 barrels of oil were collected and 30.8 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• The Massachusetts departed at approximately 1pm, June 11.

• Subsea activity associated with the long term containment options will progress over the weekend.

• The next update will be provided at 9:00am CDT / 3.00pm BST on June 12, 2010.

Updated June 11 at 6:00pm CDT / 12.00am BST

Back
Top Bottom