Fallout 3 GOTY random shutdowns and errors

Soldato
Keep getting sent back to desktop quite often while playing the game no visable signs of a problem and windows can't find a problem yesterday i had a pop up that said something about ATI V recover thats all i could read before it went.

All temps are ok cpu sitting at 51 and gpu sitting at 66-69 while playing GPU usage is about 98-99%

It's just getting annoying now and want to get to the root of the problem the event log shows application error 1000 but windows don't know what this error is.

any help would be appreciated

Soldato
I've found FO3 to be very sensitive to an unstable overclock, I'd check if it does it on stock settings just as a precaution.

Soldato
I've noticed FO3 shows some graphical glitches with my 5770. Only on the heads of dead bloatflies! It flashes white sometimes, I haven't tried any other drivers than 10.5 at this stage. Just to throw that in the mix, sorry if it's a bit OT.

Caporegime
A few people seem to be having slight quirks with the 10.5 driver, I went back to 10.4 and my idle clocks are back to where they should be.

Soldato
I'd also try, for the first time through, running it on vanilla (no patches installed) as this gave me the best performance and stability. Once upgrading to the latest patch (which you need to install the DLC) it was slightly less stable - only one crash in say 12 hours of gaming which isn't bad - but not as good as the original.

M.

Back
Top Bottom