Upgrade from a Copperhead

Associate
Hi guys,

I've read a lot about the latest mice out there and such.

I currently have a Razer Copperhead and am happy with it but feel like a change.

Has anyone 'upgraded' from a Copperhead to something else and been blissfully happy that they did? (if so, which mouse?)

I did buy the Imperator but promptly sent it back as I didn't like it and it has issues.

I was thinking of buying the 'Old' Deathadder as I've read it still has the best sensor around and certainly better than the Respawn Deathadder.

I have medium sized hands and kind of use a combo of claw/palm - not quite fully either one.

So, has anyone upgraded from a copperhead to something else and been ecstatic?

Associate
Logitech G9 is a nice mouse, sits comfortably in my palm and I too use a "claw/palm" method of holding my mouse. Also comes with 28g worth of weights.

Not really used much macro functioning on it, and the middle mouse button doesn't lock, it just spins and spins and spins and spins and spins ... and yeah, you get the picture :p

Associate
OP
Yeah, not sure if I like the shape of the G9.

And yes, there have been lots of threads on "mice" etc recently. But I am asking a different question a quite specific one -

I'd like to know if anyone has changed from a Copperhead to a better mouse

My train of thought is - if they liked the Copperhead but then preferred their current mouse, chances are I would too as I also like my copperhead. So it's not just - 'name some good mice for me' I already know the ones ppl always say: mx518, Deathadder, Intelli 3.0, Xai, G5 etc etc just want to know where ppl have gone from the Copperhead to a better mouse....

So to you all you former Copperhead users - what you using now, eh?

Wu

Associate
I didn't like the shape of the G9 at first, after using HP's VooDoo mouse. That broke, and the G9 was on clearance at my old place of work (PC Planet :/) so it was a steal at £19.97.

Associate
Having used Logitech MX518, G5, G7, G500 & Razer Deathadder, Deathadder Respawn and Copperhead, my favourite is the deathadder respawn, i currently have G5, G500, Deathadder Respawn and the deathadder gets used the most :).

If you like the copperhead, then the deathadder isnt all that much different tbh but i think its more natural fitted for your hand (but i guess thats down to personal pref)

Associate
OP
Having used Logitech MX518, G5, G7, G500 & Razer Deathadder, Deathadder Respawn and Copperhead, my favourite is the deathadder respawn, i currently have G5, G500, Deathadder Respawn and the deathadder gets used the most :).

If you like the copperhead, then the deathadder isnt all that much different tbh but i think its more natural fitted for your hand (but i guess thats down to personal pref)

Perfect! I was thinking of buying a DA but the older version as I've heard it's still the best sensor out there. Sodd it, I'll try the DA (shape wise) and if I don't like it I can try and send it back.

Cheers

any other opinions would be appreciated also.

Associate
I've recently upgrade from a diamondback to a diamondback 3G then to a copperhead. I looked at the lachesis and the death adder. But i prefered the same shape of the diamondback and copperheads. It depends whether you think you could get used to it. I think the deathadder is a similar shape to the mx518, a lot taller.

Whats wrong/didn't you like with the copperhead? hehehe

Associate
nah i loved it in all honesty but for me its just not rugged enough... LMB packed in in a few months so I went back to the old 518. If it was built to last I'd get another in a flash.
Incidentally I've now worn the 518's logo off but it still behaves like new

Associate
OP
I've recently upgrade from a diamondback to a diamondback 3G then to a copperhead. I looked at the lachesis and the death adder. But i prefered the same shape of the diamondback and copperheads. It depends whether you think you could get used to it. I think the deathadder is a similar shape to the mx518, a lot taller.

Whats wrong/didn't you like with the copperhead? hehehe

Nothing, I still like my copperhead - just feel like a change. I was thinking about the size/shape of the DA vs my copperhead. I 've ordered one now so I guess I will see....

Thanks though all....

Associate
OP
Went for DA - tried to order the original DA but got the Respawn Delivered can't say I notice any problems with it. Only been using it for a few hours and I am already pretty much used to it so I'm thinking darn good upgrade!!

Deathadder F T W !

Associate
OP
I am a copperhead user... no need to upgrade really..

in fact its my only peripheral that is not logitech :p

Yea I was happy enough with my copperhead it's a very good mouse. I just felt like a change and considering I only started using it yesterday evening and this morning, I think it is better already. I still need to get fully used to the shape but it seems to track better than the Copperhead did. Prolly the difference from Laser to IR.

Don't have anything that is logitech. I use a Lycosa and eXactMat.

Back
Top Bottom