Scariest thing you have ever done ?

Soldato
Actually, I took a call at the Samaritans once which lasted 2.5 hours and ended after the caller died following an overdose taken before calling.

Lots of emotions there, scary certainly one of them.

Soldato
Wow, thinking about it, I think the scariest thing I have ever done was going to see 'Unborn' (completely awful fail of a film) because mates were going to it... I was really scared most of the way through, and spent most of the second half with eyes closed. LOL I am a useless man :(..
Another event might be when I was going down a massive hill on a bike at around 40mph, then suddenly realised I needed to turn off pretty soon, so I jammed my brakes on, back wheel promptly skidded out and hit the curb, so I was effectively skidding down a hill sideways on my bike and then a car overtook, but I managed to stay upright and turn off onto the correct road - scary at the time, but great fun looking back on it :).

Soldato
On my elective in Uganda I found myself at midnight in a town about 20 miles from where I was staying and with no transport back. I paid a 'taxi' (basically the only guy in the town with his own car, and I use the term car loosely, this thing had no doors or windscreen), which I had to share with 4 other people despite me being the only one paying, and not being able to speak more than 5 words of the local language, to take me at breakneck speed bouncing through dirt roads back.

In retrospect it's surprising that I'm still alive

Associate
On my elective in Uganda I found myself at midnight in a town about 20 miles from where I was staying and with no transport back. I paid a 'taxi' (basically the only guy in the town with his own car, and I use the term car loosely, this thing had no doors or windscreen), which I had to share with 4 other people despite me being the only one paying, and not being able to speak more than 5 words of the local language, to take me at breakneck speed bouncing through dirt roads back.

In retrospect it's surprising that I'm still alive

TIA man! Glad to see you survived the honorary initiation :D

Caporegime
Finding somebody who had tried to take their own life by overdosing on Ketamine (horse tranqualiser) and trying to keep them awake and alive until the ambulance arrived.

Soldato
Got robbed at gunpoint by a couple scousers.
Mad thing is, although I was proper ******* it, a mad part of my mind thought (whilst the gun was pointed at my head) your not going to shoot me in the head so told them I had nothing.
Then the gun got pressed to my knee and I gave them all I had!

Oh and seeing my son born 10 weeks prematurely whilst his mum was sat on the loo of the scan unit in hospital. Before you ask, I heard her scream, kicked in the door and his head was popping out.

**Insert mental image here**

Last edited:
Associate
One of two things for me, both this year actually.

Went snowboarding and on the first day decided to dive into the surrounding tree line, i dont know what i did but i woke up on the floor not being able to move my arm, compleatly dazed and disorientated. I litterally had to pick my arm up to move it and couldn't work out where the hell i was for about 15 mins. Apparently the friend who i was with said he had waited for me for over 30 mins before trying to get back to the top to try and find me. Waking up after the initial accident and realising i couldn't move my arm was scary as ****, but luckly i didn't injure myself except for a few scrapes.

Second one was when i was waiting for the bus with my gf, she hadn't been feeling well all day and was complaining of feeling light headed. I started to give her a hug and she just collapsed with her eyes wide open looking straight to the sky and went compleatly white. I had no idea what to do and just felt helpless. It only lasted 10 seconds or so and she woke up asking why she was on the floor outside, but that was the scariest 10 seconds of my life. Bloody women :p

Man of Honour
Either:

Nearly hanging myself while moutain biking - hurtling down a track and my hood caught on a tree - the hoody ripped all the way down the middle to the pocket and I could just scrabble my feet on the floor.

Buying an engagement ring, was shaking for a good while after that!

or when my old 200sx caught me out overtaking on a wet day - went round a guy pretty much sideways and just managed to catch it & bring it back into line, was only a week or so after buying it :eek:

Soldato
Diving in Crummock water a few weeks ago, about 20 metres down in nearly zero visability causing a bit of disorientation then my buddy wants to practice regulator sharing

Soldato
The taxi ride from Hurghada was nothing compared to Cairo.

I just remembered the scariest thing EVER.
It was in Hurghada about 6 weeks ago when I went snorkelling.
I went left when everybody went right and I went quite some distance from the boat.
I then accidentally took a load of salt water up my nose and down my throat and I completely lost it.
I really thought I was going to drown and I even shouted for help but nobody heard.
As I was getting weaker and getting worse I was just about to go under when I realised if I get on my back I can't drown.
I can float for England and in salt water I just can't drown.
I stayed like that for about 5 minutes until I was composed and slowly made my way back to the boat.
Lucky lucky boy.

Yeah, cairo was pretty messed up also. We had to get from the international arrivals to the domestic outgoing terminal. No one spoke english and the GF had long shorts on that covered her kness but she was still getting looks. Crazy place.

Associate
Standing serving drinks behind the bar at work when 2 blokes in hoodies opened the door, lit a petrol bomb and calmly lobbed it over the bar at me. Brown trousers and smell of burning hair ensued! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom