Starcraft 1

Soldato
Now that the beta of Starcraft 2 has finished I thought I make this thread before the other gets too cluttered.

I reinstalled SC1 after maybe 4 years. I didnt really know what was going on and obviously get beaten badly. I set a rally point for my probes on one block of minerals and some seemed to harvest it whilst others just sat around doing nothing.

If the colours are messed up make a shortcut to the game, go to compatability mode and select everything apart from the 'run in this OS' box (this is for Windows 7 64bit)

Is there a key to select idle workers?
What is the command to queue things up? (if you can) like in SC2 you hold shift and place a building, then harvest minerals

Another friends list for SC1 would be good. I'll start

alexl

Add friend: /f a name
Message your friends: /f m message
Message a single person: /m name message

e.g. /f a alexl

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How dated is Starcraft 1 ?

Saw it in my local games shop for £9 , thought i might pick it up whilst i wait for SC2

Is the game play similar, so i can get to grips with the basics in practice for SC2 ?

Cheers :)

Soldato
How dated is Starcraft 1 ?

Saw it in my local games shop for £9 , thought i might pick it up whilst i wait for SC2

Is the game play similar, so i can get to grips with the basics in practice for SC2 ?

Cheers :)

Very dated. The graphics are painfully bad, the AI is glitchy and stupid and you can only select 12 units at a time. But at the same time, it is the most balanced and competitive game in the world, with a very very steep learning curve. Learning SC1 will help a lot with SC2, though I doubt you will be able to master it well enough before SC2 comes out.

Associate
Very dated. The graphics are painfully bad, the AI is glitchy and stupid and you can only select 12 units at a time. But at the same time, it is the most balanced and competitive game in the world, with a very very steep learning curve. Learning SC1 will help a lot with SC2, though I doubt you will be able to master it well enough before SC2 comes out.
True

Back
Top Bottom