World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
are you completely delusional??? you think Rooney had a good game? and that Heskey did well.

I suggest you take some Cyanide... might do you a favour or two!!!

I don't want to start a flame war, but how often do you watch football? Heskey did have a good game (he set up Gerrard's goal for goodness sake), but should have scored when he was clean through, I concede.

As for Rooney, I agree he didn't particularly shine, but he always is the hardest working player out there and he will come good in the coming weeks...

Soldato
ITV sux as well, the pundits are still praising England and making out we can can still win it after this abysmal performance and to top it off HD viewers missed the first goal because of an advert..WTF.

Soldato
Indifferent performance from England. Outplayed in midfield imo, Gerrard and Lampard offered little protection and no ball retention or chances created. That was the weak area I thought. Rooney was quiet though and SWP and Lennon didn't do enough. Overall the midfield needs to improve big time.

Associate
fgfdgdgfs.jpg

Har har. :D

Soldato
This is what’s great about the world cup, everyone becomes a football manager and the press rolled into one. Don’t you just love it.

We’re no worse than anybody so far. It’s not the end of the world. We have two games to qualify for the next stage and we’ll do it. Those that expect big wins and goals can’t have seen the early stages of a world cup before.

I call them armchair managers, they should hopefully vanish after 6 games :p

Soldato
Thought England looked edgy in the 1st 45 which was strange being a goal up.

Feel for the goalie he's gonna get some stick poor guy. Every player made a mistake but goalies can't hide :(

Thought England were the better side in the 2nd half but that defence still looked shaky. Still with one of the easiest groups out there they should still qualify.

The usually get better as the tourney progresses.

Glad to see the US getting the point their aggression in the 1st half was great to see. Much better game tonight that France last night which was awful...

Soldato
I put this as my facebook comment, I may as well put it here;

The team from the home of football can't even beat the team from a nation where 'soccer' is only the fifth most popular sport. Hope this stops Englanders feeling like they're entitled to the world cup :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It was rather pathetic how much the commentators were trying to big-up Heskey for everything, after the stick he's been getting in recent weeks.

He touches the ball.. "good bread and butter football".. X1000

As for the ITV HD goal debacle; it took away 50% of the excitement of the game for me. Someone needs to be hung for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom