World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Theo hasn't been great this season but I tell you what, it's an absolute insult that SWP is in the squad ahead of him. He is absolutely useless and is guilty of all the same things Theo is criticised for (running in to people, dwelling on the ball, poor first touch) but to a far worse extent and much more.

Caporegime
Two good wins against tin pot nations and everyone will think we can win it again. Then we come crashing back down to earth against the first good side we meet.

Yet again, Gerrard should be off the pitch so we can let lampard get on with his own game.

How long must england keep playing crocks and players out of form. He was quick to ignore owen for the rest of his life yet everyone else seems immune.

Sven all over again. I know what to do, how about we extend the guys contract right before his first big test. That way when we sack him it costs us more.

Soldato
SWP is not good enough for England, poor ball control and coordination, I could say the same about a number of other players.

England have no chance of winning this WC, we do not have enough class players and the class we do have are performing poorly. No heart and no commitment is this teams big downfall, overpaid jokes.

Permabanned
I put this as my facebook comment, I may as well put it here;

The team from the home of football can't even beat the team from a nation where 'soccer' is only the fifth most popular sport. Hope this stops Englanders feeling like they're entitled to the world cup :)

8 of them learned their trade in England so go figure, the England team shows the influx of players from abroad does not help the national team.

Soldato
So much criticism of Shaun Wright-Phillips! I didn't think he played worse than any other England player. They were all pretty average, bar a few...

Really though? Realllyyyyy? Personally I thought he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch, totally ineffective and infuriating to watch.

Soldato
I think we played well in the last 10 minutes but if we were up against a team like Spain we would have been spanked.

I can see us getting through the group and maybe through the next round if we top the group but I doubt we will get much further.

So much hype about Rooney winning it for us but I barely saw him on the ball. I hope Barry comes back soon as we look better with him starting in the middle. Hopefully that will free up a place to put Gerrard up front with Rooney and leave Hesky on the bench.

Soldato
Latest news just in... England goalkeeper, Robert Green, in a fit of despair, tries to end life by throwing himself infront of a bus. Bus goes through his legs.

Might have been funny if the ball did go through his legs. But it didnt...

Should have said:

Latest news just in... England goalkeeper, Robert Green, in a fit of despair, tries to end life by throwing himself infront of a bus. But at the last moment decides to watch it go past him.

Which is equally not funny lol

Caporegime
Really though? Realllyyyyy? Personally I thought he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch, totally ineffective and infuriating to watch.

Don't think you saw the same game I did. Almost all the players were universally awful.

I've never seen so many misplaced passes, so much possession conceded cheaply, such a lack of invention.

OK, that's not true. I have seen it before. I've been watching England for a while :p

Associate
I put this as my facebook comment, I may as well put it here;

The team from the home of football can't even beat the team from a nation where 'soccer' is only the fifth most popular sport. Hope this stops Englanders feeling like they're entitled to the world cup :)

Soccer is the most played sport though apparently, it just isn't watched as much. It doesn't work with their TV system where they have advert breaks every 5minutes for 30 seconds (unless youre watching ITV HD that is).

I don't this comment really works, it's not like they're a terrible team, it's just England should have one. The country is being optimistic and we're allowed that :)

Soldato
Greens world cup over.

Joe Hart for me. David James will end up doing something ridiculous.

Where is Steve Harper? :)

2 out of 4 bets failed on day 1.

3 out of 4 today.

Nice one Ingerland. Lets hope they can win the group however!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom