PC for £250?

Associate
Anyone fancy speccing me a really cheap PC? Is it even doable? Only brand new bits, no monitor, keyboard or mouse required. Needs to run Windows 7 and will only be used for really basic stuff, i.e, surfing, e-mail, Office apps etc.

Cheers!

Associate
OP
You mean... not.. build... it... myself??!!!

That's crazy talk! It's cheating! I can't buy a PC that someone else has built! Argh!

Associate
Associate
from FAQ

The members market is provided as a free service to active and contributing forum members. OcUK are not liable for any deals that are done in the Members Market, you are free to buy and sell at your own risk. Please read the rules of the Members Market before you proceed to make your first sale.

Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 250 posts and have been signed up for at least 90 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 250 posts, you will need to activate your trust. This is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Once you satisfy both of these criteria, Members Market access will be granted within 24hrs. Please do not post on the forums asking why you cannot access the members market, if you have any queries, email one of the forum Dons/Admins. The contact addresses are available in the FAQ.

Associate
Ok, thanks a lot.

As for the £250 computer, why not get a low spec laptop?

If all you use it for is internet, email and office then it'll be powerful enough and probably far more convenient than having a desktop.

Associate
OP
A laptop for £250? Where from? Laptops generally start at around £300 where I've looked in the past. And plus the PC is for my girlfriend's mum, I've no idea is she even wants a laptop. I thought someone would just list a few cheap parts and say "that's what I'd get."

I bet somebody would if my budget was a lot more!

Someone must fancy a challenge?!

Soldato
Isnt the Samsung NC10 about £250 now? I know it was £299 new, but that was around a year ago

Great little thing, very good battery life, fast enough for net use, email, office apps etc

Soldato
AMD Sempron (~£30)
Cheap and cheerful 785G socket mobo (~£70)
2GB DDR2 (~£50)
Corsair400W PSU (~£40) - could probs get a smaller PSU in a case/psu combo if you look around.
Asus TA-861 Case OR Xigmatek Asgard Midi Tower (~£24-27)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB HDD (~£32)

Total Cost: £246 Max :p

I can get some links for you later if you want.

Associate
OP
Isnt the Samsung NC10 about £250 now? I know it was £299 new, but that was around a year ago

Great little thing, very good battery life, fast enough for net use, email, office apps etc

It's lovely, my gf has one, but it's a netbook not a laptop - very small screen, a bit too small for her mum to see comfortable - in her 60's!

Back
Top Bottom