Spec me a Netbook

Associate
Im starting a PGCE next year and i dont really want to take my current 3 year old laptop which has the form factor of a paving slab around in my bag in lessons.

So ive started considering a netbook.

What it will need:

-Word
-Powerpoint
-Excel
-Web browsing
-Good storage (although external HD would be an option)

I have literally no idea about netbooks but i need it to be snappy.

Im not to worried about keyboard size because for any extended typing ill be using my big beasty gaming rigg + full sized keyboard.

Price isnt really an issue within reason, i just want to know whats out there!

edit: i also have a HTC desire so internet tethering is going to be a posibility if that makes a difference!

edit2: also email...duno how i forgot that lol!

Last edited:
Soldato
First thought, remove the competitor link!!!

Missus has got an Asus 1005HA, and it's a brilliant bit of kit, the 1008 seems to be almost the same machine, just without a removable battery.

Associate
I've just bought a Lenov S10-2. Not quite as good battery as the Asus - about 6 hours real-world usage - but it comes with a 250gb hard drive and a better webcam ;)

Can be had online for £219 too!

Associate
I don't know if it's too late as your post was 10 days ago but I've got a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 which I'm greatly impressed with. Upgraded it to 2GB memory and swapped Windows 7 Starter for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and it's great. I can honestly say that I've not found any issues with it or niggles, it's a joy to use and much quicker than I was expecting. I'd happily recommend it.

I only use my main rig for gaming and movies now. Everything else gets done on the Mini.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom