• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Software to test cards

Associate
So i'm at my wits end with my GTX280 (At least I'm pretty sure it's my 280) and am considering buying a 5870, RMA'ing my 280 and selling it.

I was wondering if there's any software out there that I can use to stress my graphics card and only my graphics card to check if it is definately that that's packing in?

Soldato
furmark is known to super stress test cards
if its on its way out furmark will be sure to let you know

Associate
OP
furmark is known to super stress test cards
if its on its way out furmark will be sure to let you know

Any recommended test settings or anything like that? Originally my pc would just shut off, but now the screen goes super colourful and locks up.

Edit. also, I'm Win7 64 bit and furmark appears to be 32. Still be fine?

Associate
OP
Ok, I installed and ran a stability test on furmark with no AA, at my standard res 1980x1200 and fullscreen, hit go and my screen went black and nothing responded, hitting my hard-reset button still gave me no output and had to turn on and off by the mains.

I assume this means graphics card is screwed almost instantly?

Back
Top Bottom