• 7-10

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • 21-50

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I don't give blood because I'm a Pancake.

Votes: 116 63.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I can't remember a number but i'd say it's about 4/5 and I always go to donation sessions when I can.
Got a full set of organs up for donation as well.

I don't get what people have against it, it's always packed down the donation centres but not as packed as I'd like it to be, I guess people don't think about it or something... :(

Associate
I've given it four times been busy or not around the last few times though, Definitely gonna try and get there next time. Also on the Donor Register for everything I can. I'm not gonna need it when I'm dead... someone else may as well.

Man of Honour
I used to give blood, but they changed the rules so I'm not allowed any more. Lived in Nigeria when I was little, and apparently if you get bitten young you can carry malaria in your blood without any symptoms - until they give it to some poor sod.

I was born in Nigeria but it never stopped me.
I got to around 65 donations but I can't give anymore.

Permabanned
Pancake, not for me, needles and blood, I am an organ donor but just could never go and give blood just of the off, i know its a life safer to people but its not that I dont want to, I just dont feel right doing it.

Going for a blood test, make me feel ill and nervous as anything and I feel the blood draining away into the syringe. Pathetic..... I know.

Soldato
Donated 3 times now myself, dont see why I wont continue to go for as long as they will take it from me.

My brother also started recently and is a very rare blood group, so rare that Birmingham NHS trust are writing to him to ask him to visit them to donate platelets too.

It takes 30 mins once every 4-5 months and saves lives, and you never know when you may need a pint back! A great sense of wellbeing when you leave after donating!

Plus a tasty nurse who attends each time helps my enthusiasm no end :p

Soldato
Is there a high demand for blood? :p The amount of people that chat on about donating makes me think that my donation wouldn't be making a slight bit of difference...

Associate
Is there a high demand for blood? :p The amount of people that chat on about donating makes me think that my donation wouldn't be making a slight bit of difference...
According to this...
http://www.blood.co.uk/StockGraph/stocklevelstandard.aspx

...they have at least 6 days stock, if they don't get anymore donations... which doesn't seem like much to me. Imo, Giving blood is like Tesco... Every Little Helps, which is why I'm annoyed I've been busy the last few times.

Soldato
all they do is take a tiny ***** of your finger to test if your aneamic then lie you down on a bed and insert the needle in what feel like just a tiny scratch and then take a pint of blood from you. took me 6 mins 25 seconds to fill up the bag.

They take a pint of blood, it took 6minutes 25seconds and you filled up an entire bag? That's 'all they do'? :p

There will be human farms in the future no doubt, similar to how that film potrayed it. The Island was it?

Last edited:
Caporegime

They are obviously aren't having a shortage because the NBS still continues with their homophobic policies. :p

Associate
To my shame it took until last year to get with the program.

Unfortunately I have been excluded as here in Singapore they will not take blood from people who were in the UK during the CJD period.

Seems I am also excluded in the UK as I had a hernia op a few years ago (received blood after 1980) :(.

I do however carry a organ donation card.

RB

Back
Top Bottom