• Creative Audio Console
    • THX® Console
    • Creative ALchemy
    • SoundFont Bank Manager
    • Creative Sound Blaster Media Center Edition (MCE) Plugin
  • 3rd Party Software (internet access required):
    • Dolby Digital Live! realtime encoding
    • Cyberlink PowerDVD
The CD therefore contains more than just drivers.

It is possible that the buyer has no internet access at home for whatever reason and so it is not possible for them to download the software packages.

If I was in your position then I would find it a major hassle to download all the software packages for all operating systems to burn and send to them.

If you cannot find the originals then what I would do is contact the manufacturer and ask them how much it would cost for a replacement CD and docs. It should be a very small amount if they are aware you already have the original serial numbers. Ask the buyer how they came to the figure of 30 quid when a replacement can be ordered from the manufacturer for XXX. Offer to reimburse this amount or order and send to them. If they push it further then provide the manufacturers quote, the buyers demand and your offer to order for the buyer a replacement. They should see the buyer is trying it on and you are being very reasonable.

Alternately, it has been a month. The only excuse I can think of for that is that it was bought as a present and has only just been opened. In which case the buyer should have checked it out upon receipt. This is why my 65 year old father is playing with a mini scalextric set intended for my 2 1/2 year old when we visit them in September. That is his excuse anyway :D.

Unfortunately Paypal can be very unpredictable and have still not replied to any of my emails asking how I can move my home country from the UK to Singapore. It has now been 3 years of trying.

RB

Soldato
Instead of refunding, why don't just download the CD's and manual yourself and send them over?

Saves the fuss, and with how bad paypal are they will probably give him the £30 refund

Caporegime
Out of interest what actually happened to the original CD and manual? if you advertised it as retail boxed then you'd expect them to be included although his claim is a bit petty and £30? lol

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If you didn't list the driver CD and manual in the auction then he's got no come-back :confused:

Seeing as you have the CD you could post it out as a goodwill gesture, with a PDF of the manual and consider it closed.

Soldato
So he/she wants old outdated drivers on a cd rather than the latest ones that can be downloaded from the internet? He/she is simply trying to scam you out of some money.

Associate
Unfortunately just as many bad sellers as buyers on ebay... ¬_¬

I bought an E7500 a while ago from ebay for a decent price. I was annoyed when it didn't come with the stock fan since the auction didn't state otherwise (it didn't state it was OEM either), and I had to rush to central London and get ripped off paying £22 for a £15 fan. I contacted him and asked him for about £10 back to cover the cost of the fan, and he said I should have asked if it came with the fan.
I left it a long while and said "You know what, you SHOULD HAVE listed the item properly, and I SHOULD HAVE asked if I had a question. I'm happy with the item, let's call it a day". He didn't seem like a ******, so I thought it was the best way to go about it (I haven't listed everything I've sold on ebay perfectly after all!) :)

But yeah, this guy is an ass. If I was in his boots, I'd have calmly told him why I needed the CD and manual, AT LEAST ¬_¬

But I think the best suggestion is to see what Creative are saying to replace the docs and CD as someone said. Then tell him what they've said...

Soldato
There are some right scumbags on ebay, if you did not state that the manual and CD were included then he doesn't have a leg to stand on. If he was bothered about the need for the CD or manual then he should have asked and not just assumed. You have sold him what was described and nothing else.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Please repay me the sum of £1000 for the horse that did not come with the auction.

PayPal dispute pending :mad:

Associate
He is clearly trying it on, no one would think that the driver CD and manual are worth £30.

If I was in his position and say, didn't have internet access to obtain them I would have said that and hoped you could send copies. To me that seems like the only reasonable idea of why he would need them. Even in that case how would £30 help that fact? I guess he could call creative but surely they would send new one out for free with a serial given.

As for the month later business I can understand that, I bought a used AMD Phenom 965 of the MM here about a month ago and still haven't used it as it was for a future build that should be done by about the end of the month so had no way to test it, however I told this to the seller so if I have to send it back at least it doesn't look like I have fried it or something.

Back
Top Bottom