Are Mitsubishi Lancers (the normal ones) any good?

Caporegime
Just something that I was wondering about the other day. The Mitsubishi Lancer seems to get somewhat forgotten in terms of a car, atleast in the press or roadtests or reviews. It seems everyone is interested in the latest Evo, but nobody wonders about the Lancer range below it.

I must admit that I havent seen many about, but I have noticed an increase in them lately. They dont seem to have gotten the attention of things such as the lower range Imprezas? Are they actually any good?

Soldato
I've driven a old lancer and it was just meh tbh lol. You forgive the interiors when the driving experience is really good. It wasn't.

May have gotten better now though with the latest ones.

Associate
[topgear]Just imagine that you have bought a Lancer and you are at a party. Chatting away someone asks "So what do you drive?" to which you proudly respond "A Lancer".
"Oh which version? evo 10?"
to which you have to sheepishly mutter under your breath "No, its just a normal one"[/topgear]

Lum

Lum

Soldato
So the sport is the barryboy edition and will presumably end up with an offset numberplate and an Evo bonnet swapped on if it doesn't come with one as standard.

A bit like the Impreza sport with it's ironing board and asthmatic n/a 2.0 lump.

Soldato
diesel version isnt a bad motorway muncher but nothing special, petrol versions are pretty much stuck in the 'below average' band.

Soldato
I looked at one a few minus ago because the value for money seemed immense - think it was about 3 years old, 30k miles, 2.0 "sport" and was about 7k. It became apparent very quickly that there was a reason for it being so cheap

Back
Top Bottom