BMW 5 Series M Sport photos leaked

Soldato
Thats the only problem isnt it Fox. Everytime I see any E90 varient go past me I check out its exhuasts to see what it is! The twin exhuasts doesnt quite cut it any more now they have the 335 with one either side!:p

Saying that the 330i would be the choice if it were my money. I can imgaine that for 95% of everyday driving the 330i would be more than enough, wheres as the 335i would probably be overkill. Its only that 5% of the time where it would come in to its own, but the costs would overshadow the advantages surely.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16814058 said:
What like, an F1 style rear wing? 22 inch wheels?

Surely you'll agree that it isn't as "striking" design as previous "Sports" 5 Series?

It really does look like a slightly bloated 3 series. Not saying that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it is a bit of a cop out...

Man of Honour
OP
Surely you'll agree that it isn't as "striking" design as previous "Sports" 5 Series?

It really does look like a slightly bloated 3 series. Not saying that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it is a bit of a cop out...

The base car is less 'striking' than the E60 intentionally, and you cant change this with a different trim level as the fundamental car looks the same.

The actual Sport addons are at least as striking if not more so - the front bumper is bigger and deeper, the sideskirts are more pronounced than the E60..

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well the new 5 series has certainly borrowed the headlamp design from a facelift E46 coupe for sure, not that that's a bad thing, that's the best headlamp style and looks mean as :)

Man of Honour
OP
Well the new 5 series has certainly borrowed the headlamp design from a facelift E46 coupe for sure

It has, other than the fact its completely different, obviously. The facelift E46 Coupe doesn't even have angel eyes, so quite how you can think the F10 has borrowed its headlight design is a bit perplexing! The headlight design is clearly taken from the F01 7 Series.

Soldato
I do love how everyone is starting to look back on the Bangle era with affection now that he's gone, a few years ago he was the antichrist. :p

It's not even just the Bangle cars I'm talking about.

E28, E34, E39. All striking, imposing cars in "Sport" trim level. The F10 just isn't.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I mean the headlamp lens* style.

lamps.png

Obviously it's not the same and the e46 doesn't have angel eyes as everyone knows, I'm not that stupid. But they are very similar in design.

Soldato
I like the new 5! I think the deeper bumper makes the kidneys look a bit smaller which is a good thing.

Still love the E39 M5 as I've saw about 4 in the last week :( most in le mans blue :(

Man of Honour
OP
It's not even just the Bangle cars I'm talking about.

E28, E34, E39. All striking, imposing cars in "Sport" trim level. The F10 just isn't.

I find that very hard to agree with. Firstly there wasn't a 'Sport' trim level in the E28 only the M535i. Secondly the 'Sport' styling differences on the E34 were so subtle even I can't work out at a glance which ones are Sport models and which are not.

And thirdly the E39 Sport, a car you know is dear to my heart - the bodykit, whilst awesome, is not quite as imposing as that on the F10 surely? The front bumper is less 'menacing' and the E39 didn't even have different sideskirts on the Sport let alone ones as visible as those on the F10 M Sport?

Soldato
Hmm it looks pretty good to me, however ...based solely on that rather poor picture ...I'm going to say I actually prefer the look of the SE so far, I think the front bumper looks cleaner and sleeker and I like the chrome around the side windows. Maybe I will think differently when I see a proper photo in saloon form though.

Soldato
I think designing the sport variant is the easiest job there is, I dare say easier than the next gen 911.
The Grill follows the same pattern, adds skirts and similar rear pattern and then wheels.

Back
Top Bottom