Silverstone Sugo SG01B-F - owners opinions? pictures?

Associate
I am potentially looking to move from my Antec P182 case to the Silverstone Sugo SG01B-F as I've always been a fan of SFF just never looked in to them until recently. After discovering that I can keep my current Corsair HX520 PSU and just change mobo if I bought one of these cases I was chuffed lol :p

Just wondered what peoples views on these cases are, owners opinions aftering having it a while? and any pictures if possible too!

Thanks chaps :)

Associate
Wow people still buy the SG-01?
The F version is only steel rather than aluminum, and the air flow was never as good as the V3** series if I remember correctly. Spose it depends on money and what you like the look of.

Associate
OP
Ah right... fair enough! Well I quite like the Lian Li PC-V351B too. Seems to be good in reviews etc too. Will have to have a look at some more brands.

Associate
Still happy with mine, doubles up as my HTPC & Gaming machine, had it going on 4 years now & in all that time my pc's never locked up, overheated or bsod .. touch wood :)

Associate
Have had both the Sugo & the Lian Li, personally I found build quality to be much better on the Lian Li but the sugo is slightly easier to install components.

Lian Li for me all the way :)

Soldato
Ive had a SG02 Evo which is basically the same but without the aluminium front panel i think, was a great matx case only problem for me is the limitation of the cpu cooler, if it had a 120mm fan hole somewhere that allowed h50 use id of kept it

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input folks... I am still undecided. The Lian Li is looking good at the mo. Were you not able to find a decent low profile cpu cooler in the end BradMax57?

Soldato
Thanks for the input folks... I am still undecided. The Lian Li is looking good at the mo. Were you not able to find a decent low profile cpu cooler in the end BradMax57?

I just used a Silverstone NT06-E, it did a decent job tbh but sometimes the heat given off it caused the PSU to get a bit toasty and noisy, ive also had the Lian Li, not the new one but the older one, but i think both are the same in that they are a bit of a pain to fit and remove the side panels, I also found the air flow in the lian li a little lacking as there isnt all that much ventilation through the front panel

Associate
OP
Thanks for that... air flow, heat dispersion etc does seem to be the down side to SFF. the 8800GT I have currently, runs very hot so I'd maybe consider a lower power graphics card to go with it. Thanks again!

Soldato
Thanks for that... air flow, heat dispersion etc does seem to be the down side to SFF. the 8800GT I have currently, runs very hot so I'd maybe consider a lower power graphics card to go with it. Thanks again!

When I had the lian li, I had a 4870 and it did overheat with the side panel on, most the time i left it off, I think the lian li is the nice looking of the 2 and the new v351 does look a bit better than the one i had as far as cooling goes, another choice would be a Sugo SG03, 2 front mounted 120mm fans with good intakes meant my 5850 and i7 kept reasonably cool :D

Associate
OP
Blimey, that is a hot card to run in an SFF eh lol! Ah nice one, ta for that, i will look at the Sugo SG03! Nice spec and kept cool, does seem like the Sg03 may be a good choice then. thanks!

Associate
well, I have 2 sg01s, which are running SETI@home most of the time
1 is running:
Q6600, GTS250, on a zalman reserator v1.2 watercooling loop, no problems here.
another is running:
i7 920, GTX295, GTX 285 all air cooled with the NT06, the crossflow fan for the SG01 and the 80 mm on the top of the graphics cards.
http://boincstats.com/stats/host_graph.php?pr=sah&id=5280259
this machine. at full tilt, everything is basically at 95+ degrees C, the sides of the case is incredibly hot to touch- got a portable airconditioning unit, and everything is down to about 80 + degrees. Wasn't this bad during winter.....
edit: admittedly those two machines are also running side by side with 2 other machines (1 quad, 1 dual, 1 9800GT, 1 260GTX) in a single bedroom, so ambient definately isn't helping any of the temps one bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom