• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Video Driver Problem

Associate
Hi Guys,

Haven't had any problems lately but I cant get this one fixed, would love your help.

So let me start with model numbers and stuff:

Laptop Samsung NP-R522

I upgraded my HD from a 320GB to a WD 640GB. I lost my original CD which contained Win Vista so I bought a Win XP Pro and installed that.

I got all the drivers from the Samsung website and installed them.

The one that's giving me the headache is the Video Driver. Apparently the Samsung website thinks that my model has an Intel Video Driver which it provides, and which I tried to install but the instalation stopped and said it wasnt compatible. :confused:

This is the intel one on the Samsung website: Win XP 6.14.10.5016 VGA(Graphics),INTEL 23 Oct, 2009 20.65

I remember when I bought the computer that it was an ATI graphics card and low and behold on my laptop there is a sticker for ATI Radeon. :eek:

So I tried a 8 different D c000:0000 commands in prompt but it only gives me ATI Inc and a few funny versions numbers, no model number. :mad:

I also tried computer analysis software from belarc.com but that didnt show the model number either.

Then I tried opening the laptop up but...the video card is on the bottom and i don't really want to tear this thing wide open.

The idea I have now is to get the driver from my old C drive which is now in a little ICY case and I can access it. But I have no clue where the driver is or if I can get it since its installed.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Regards,
John:D

Associate
OP
Hey Mougabi,

Thanks so much for the help!!!

I feel like a dumb ass...I should have looked in the manual!

Guess I'm gna have to buy another Vista CD!

Thanks,
John

Back
Top Bottom