Speeding 115mph...

Soldato
OP
It was a fixed camera, go on the google map I put above, it shows the actual camera on the street view.

Letter from Lancashire Constabulary.

Man of Honour
I've had approx. 96MPH out of a LWB (on private property) out of curiosity and it wasn't easy to get it much over 80. I'd be suprised if anyone managed over a ton without a bit of tuning, wind behind and downhill.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not beyond the relms of possibility (if the van isnt gearing limited!) as he would have about a mile or so worth of full throttle potential there, but there are a set of traffic lights, and if its his daily commute he would know about the camera.

Have fun in court trying to prove them wrong!

Man of Honour
Whats with these retarded responses?

Are you expecting us to have any sympathy or any desire to help somebody who drove in such a pathetic, reckless and downright dangerous manner? No wonder half the country thinks speeding kills if there are people like your mate around.

115mph in anything at that location is just ridiculous let alone a Transit van with the handling capability of a towel.

Associate
[TW]Fox;16820785 said:
Are you expecting us to have any sympathy or any desire to help somebody who drove in such a pathetic, reckless and downright dangerous manner? No wonder half the country thinks speeding kills if there are people like your mate around.

115mph in anything at that location is just ridiculous let alone a Transit van with the handling capability of a towel.
Yes but come on, it's got to be a mistake surely?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16820785 said:

I doubt his DAD would be doing this at 8am in the morning in a Transit of all things. If 8am there is anything is like its there, then shave off 100mph and you got the average speed of commute. I've driven a lot of vans in my time of all types and 115mph while doable in a Transit would take a whole lot of time, plus if its his commute he'd know the road well enough to know that going past a camera at that speed would not be productive to his future driving career. Speed cameras malfunction, they're not the totally infallible things the ones in power make them to be, speed guns can be wildly inaccurate too with the operator just moving slightly when aiming (i have a mate in traffic who tells me a lot of the police themselves are not exactly wild about cameras either)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;16820785 said:

Are you blind or missing the point? Do you read the thread title and not the actual post?

The point is he was sent a letter saying he did this, when he clearly did not, he was doing less than the speed limit, as there was a lorry infront anyway. Hopefully the photographic evidence will prove this. People like you need to learn to READ and find something called COMMON SENCE.

Any senceable suggestions?

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I think a collective WOOSH is going out to everyone replying to Fox in here ;)

Perhaps not. I don't know anymore. Go away, I'm tired :p

Back
Top Bottom