ford capri

Associate
hey all thought i might have a bit of luck in here, im trying to find my fathers ford capri sport, he sold it 20 years ago when i came along as its not much of a family car! sadly he past away when i was five. now that im older and driving i thought it would be good to try and find his car tht he regretably sold,
as said it was a ford capri 2lt sport in white the reg was A567XWJ
im looking to buiy it but failing that i would atleased like to see it
thanks in advance for any help!
Jamie

Don
Are you sure it's even still running? Many Capris were scrapped due to being rust buckets.
Do a car data check or something that will tell you if it's been scrapped.

Associate
Hasn't been taxed since 2001 so hopefully sitting in a garage somewhere! Good luck with your search.

Date of Liability 01 11 2001
Date of First Registration 18 08 1983
Year of Manufacture 1983
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1993CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour WHITE

Soldato
Might sound stupid but just look around the local area, met my old man for lunch once and his first company car (a cortina) was parked up on the next street.

Man of Honour
yea i been to the owners club lol no luck there, been on dvlas webby and done the check there doesnt say its scrapped just that its not taxed date of liability was 2001 i think

DVLA site doesn't tell you if the car has been scrapped. There are 5 or 6 of my old cars that I personally scrapped and all still show as "Unlicensed" on the DVLA site.

It's probably been scrapped.

Soldato
There are 8 Ford Capri's listing on Autotrader nationally, if the car hasnt been taxed since 2001 and is no longer listed on any insurance databases, chances are its no longer part of the motoring world.

What you could do though, is look around for one and restore it, that would be as good a tribute to your dad as can be done.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm agreeing with the suggestion of buying a similar car and restoring it. Even if your dads car is still alive (which is unlikely) then doing it this way you'd probably end up with a better car in the end. Also, if it does exist then what are the chances of the owner selling it? It is most likely owned by an enthusiast now and I doubt they would sell it easily.

Back
Top Bottom