Poll: iPhone 4 problems thread

What problems are you having with your iPhone 4? (multiple options are allowed)

• None

Votes: 98 30.8%
  • Display (generally this is the yellow splodges)

Votes: 37 11.6%
  • Antenna (poor signals when holding the phone in a certain place)

Votes: 193 60.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 38 11.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
If you've paid £500 for a piece of tech, you should be able to hold it however the hell you want to. Man if I paid £500 for something I'd be putting it on vibrate and shoving it down my pants to see if it sexually arouses me without loosing any signal!

Caporegime
If you take your phone back to the apple store and they admit the problem and their suggestion is to get the bumper then ask them is that their remedy?

Then tell them the phone is under warranty and why should the customer pay for the remedy? The law is that you are entitle to repair, replacement or refund, none of which should cost you any money.

If they tell me to hold it differently, like out of my natural holding position, I will probably sound like an ass but i might tell them that if i get some orthopaedic injury as a result of holding the phone out of my normal natural position from their official advice on using their phone then i will be suing them for personal injury.

I have nothing against the phone (most products have bugs, albeit never seen one this major), but their replies are what i am angry with most. Do they think we are idiots?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's in their interest to get it fixed anyway, think of all those iAds we won't be seeing if we can't get a signal. :D

Maybe they'll turn it on it's head and market it as a privacy feature.

Caporegime
has anybody got a mac and got iphoto 09 ?

when i try to import some of my photos taken on the iphone 4 it nows they are a .jpg but says "invalid file type" and the preview is just blank - similar for the video but slightly different error.

anybody else having issues ? lots of other people on apple support forums appear to be having them, none have had anybody offer advice yet however.

Man of Honour
has anyone got a problem with being on the phone and buttons get pressed or the end call gets pressed while the phone is on your ear?

The iPhone 4 has a proximity sensor so it can tell if the phone is being held next to your head or not, and if it is, it should disable the screen.

Yours could be defective if it isn't doing that?

Associate
The iPhone 4 has a proximity sensor so it can tell if the phone is being held next to your head or not, and if it is, it should disable the screen.

Yours could be defective if it isn't doing that?

it does go blank (the screen) but sometimes the phone randomly goes on loud speaker... or facetime tried to connect.. or it ends calls...

very annoying

Man of Honour
it does go blank (the screen) but sometimes the phone randomly goes on loud speaker... or facetime tried to connect.. or it ends calls...

very annoying

Hm, sounds strange. Try a factory reset and so on to see if that fixes it I suppose.

I haven't heard of anyone else with such issues (yet).

Associate
I'm not a usual poster to these forums but thought I should add my iPhone4 experiences..

I bought an iPhone4 on Thursday morning from Vodafone, this is the first iPhone I have ever owned. So far its the best phone I ever owned, I have no blobs on the screen. Today I have been out in Glasgow and have been using it a lot for phone calls, internet using 3G, WiFI hotsports etc and cant find a flaw in it. I've tried holding it covering the antenna joint and I can still talk etc.

Now that I'm definately not a apple 'fanboi' I cant see a problem at all.. Its the best phone I've ever owned, I played with many Android phones and just could'nt get on with them at all.

Only fault I can find is the battery life, but then i've just come from a Nokia 33xx something or other due to me breaking my last phone that complains when it has more than 10 txts!

Dave

Associate
yer i find that even if i hold the phone like all the videos it will never go to searching and will stay with one bar always

until this problem kicked off i dident even thing about it and tried it on my orignal iphone i found the same problem as well as on some htc phones i have and a nokia

if you cover the antena you loose some signal its just a shame its in a stupid place on the iphone 4

that said i have not had a problem using the phone as i phone

Soldato
holding the phone 22kbps
not holding the phone 1878 kbps
this is not a software issue
( speedtest.net )

A speedtest doesn't prove anything either way, does it? It's the same issue as reception / calls dropping, so if the theory behind it being software related is correct then it would be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom