Monster Hunter 3 Tri.

Associate
I bought it and spent a few weeks playing through it. Completed it (offline mode) in about 60 hours or so. Its an awesome game but by the time i finished it and then saw the extra quests after the boss are just the same enemies but combinations of them made me think whats the point.

I checked the online stuff and theres only 2 or 3 extra monsters to kill. That didn't warrant enough for me to want to do all the previous stuff again with other people. Id say the game would be really good online if i had some friends to play with but as i don't, i felt like i was going to just be getting frustrated with other people.

The thing that made me stop playing was spending 50 minutes chasing around these huge monsters beating them down to their last few bits of health (they stagger away to rest in their nests) only to run out of time. I must have lost about 20 hours of my total playtime just from that alone.

Oh a second unrelated thing that stopped me playing is the grinding noise my wii makes whenever there is a CD in it. It's so annoying i have to wear headphones whenever im playing any games on it due to the noise. But thats my problem because i can't be bothered/don't play my wii enough to get it fixed.

Tl/dr: It's a Great game, with brilliant online aspects but for me got tiresome at the end.

Associate
Fantstic game this. Haven't had time to play for a couple of weeks but I am on 5-star quests. I went online for the first time and tried to join a team, there were 3 people going on a simple quest and when I tried to join they just said "lol, look he's HR1 haha" and started the quest.

This really annoyed me as I don't want to just play a complete repeat of the game I've done so far online just to get HR up to be "respected" enough to play. My gear etc won't change until that point and my character will be no stronger. In summary the best (only?) good game on the Wii excluding super Mario Bros and better than any other game I've played recently.

Soldato
finally my Classic pro controller arrived from Hong-Hong £6 got to love ebay, so is there any monster hunters here?
done 28hrs with the wii mote so might have to re-adjust to the ccp.

Back
Top Bottom