relationships and accents

Soldato
yeah not a fan of our accent around the brum way, its quite awful when you hear a strong one on the tele....

only accent that would put me off its probably a strong scouse. but give me a bird with an irish accent anyday of the week :D

Soldato
I married a French girl, all her friends had really bad accents, like scouse mixed with southern French and it would really put me off. Luckily my wife has a great English accent with only a hint of French, which actually turns me on ... :)

Soldato
phil_c_ said:
yeah not a fan of our accent around the brum way, its quite awful when you hear a strong one on the tele....

Yea I agree, no offence but the Wolves side of bham is horrible for accents, as it's a lot stronger, south Birmingham, borderline Warwickshire, it's much more subtle.

Can't stand geordie!

Last edited:
Associate
being from the south, when i was younger i used to really like girls with a northen accent because they were different, but after having a mancunian ex girlfriend for 3 1/2 years (*****) i now quite like the southern tongue :D

Man of Honour
Some accents are hot as hell - I'm a sucker for them. I have to settle with public school/army brat accent but it'll do me... however, can't beat a nice soft Geordie / Welsh or Scottish accent for the UK. Italian, French and Californian also works for me - a lot.

Associate
For all those saying Geordie accent is turn off...2 words...Cheryl Cole

Was in the Trafford centre a while back and saw this vision of lovelyness walking towards me. Tall slim,hint of oriental/european. very well presented and dressed stylishly, smart business skirt and jacket.

As I pass she stop and speaks to her equally stunning friend... and with the most common, nails downa blackboard scouse accent said.

"****** ell San it's mingin in ere,an it smells like someones takena ****e"

Talk about shattered ilusions

Still in the words of the imortal malc

I'd still have smashed the pasty

Star out swearing

Soldato
As soon as I hear a scouse accent I instantly don't like that person and it takes me a lot of effort to get past it. Almost every bad experience with people in my life has involved scousers...

Soldato
If I hated the Irish (specifically Dublin) accent, then I would have made a very poor choice :p

Luckily I find it very endearing and cute on a lady, even if they do pronounce things wrong :p

(Lets not go there)

Back
Top Bottom