Students- Your grades 'might' be up!

Soldato
No it's an undergraduate masters (MEng). I don't graduate this year, just go straight into the 4th year.:)

I could have chosen to bail out at the end of this year, but I enjoy it way too much, and 90% of people stay on anyway.

I think next year it's simply pass, merit, distinction or fail, which roughly align with 2:2, 2:1, first and 3rd.

If it's MEng then you will keep the classifications of 1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc as it's still an undergraduate course. At my University, the merits/distinctions etc were only for postgraduate taught degrees - I did the same modules as them for my MEng qualification but received my undergrad qualification at the end of it.

The people doing MEng always got higher grades than the "proper" MSc postgraduates too in the same modules too :p

Soldato
If it's MEng then you will keep the classifications of 1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc as it's still an undergraduate course. At my University, the merits/distinctions etc were only for postgraduate taught degrees - I did the same modules as them for my MEng qualification but received my undergrad qualification at the end of it.

The people doing MEng always got higher grades than the "proper" MSc postgraduates too in the same modules too :p

No my fourth year is definitely classified in terms of Distinction, pass, merit fail etc. I'm not sure if that's a unique Cambridge thing or not, but that's how all my fourth year friends have just been graded.:)

Caporegime
That's very odd. I assume you still only do 120 credits and finish in June, not the 180 credits and finish in September of a post grad masters?

My sister got her grade from Banger yesterday. 1st, although I'm happy for her I'm gutted. I only got a 2:1 and missed a first by a percent. :(

Can you tell we're a competitive family? :p

Soldato
No my fourth year is definitely classified in terms of Distinction, pass, merit fail etc. I'm not sure if that's a unique Cambridge thing or not, but that's how all my fourth year friends have just been graded.:)

Very odd, must be a Cambridge thing! Very odd if you graduate in July with 120 credits to make it an undergrad course. Good luck for it - hope your fourth year was like ours, much easier than the 2nd/3rd years!

JC

JC

Soldato
Had to wait a bit longer than some of you folks.
Proudly displaying a 1st Class Honours in BA Economics with European Study

Associate
got my results in other day, was expecting to get 55% at most considering i did badly in tests for 2 subjects barely scrapping the passmark.

Ended up getting 63% overall for the full course which i'm hoping is a 2:2 but i cant find anything on the edinburgh napier site on what gets you what in terms of pass marks but im just happy i passed.

I was doing BSc Network Computing at Edinburgh Napier.

Caporegime
63% should be a 2:1 (at least at most universities).

However if you have gone through 3 years of uni and still don't know the grade boundaries then... :D

Soldato
63% should be a 2:1 (at least at most universities).

However if you have gone through 3 years of uni and still don't know the grade boundaries then... :D

I don't entirely know the grade boundaries for my masters :/ mainly because at no point over the past 3 years have we actually been given any info about it, though I'm on course for 70%+ so it's a good grade :D

Associate
I don't get my grades till a week and a half before I graduate (next month). But that's the good for nothing University of Surrey for you.

Caporegime
Even worse than my 68.6%. :(

Apparently when you get that close they weigh up the number of first modules, if more than half you'll get a first, if less a 2:1. :(

Soldato
Psshttttt, surely you've wasted your time... marks only ~matter~ at levels two and three (unless applying to grad schemes which require all your grades :eek::mad::().

I'll be doing a sandwich placement year after my second year, which often go by your first year grades as it's all you have to show from uni at that point ;). Oh, and I get a £1,000 scholarship.

Back
Top Bottom