The £5 phone

Soldato
How crazy is it, where you can pick up a fully functional mobile phone for £5 these days? Cheaper than you once spent on a new battery, or a case, or a crazy frog ringtone?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/features/LG/GB102
if anyone is interested. I've bought a couple in case of emergencies (boat/car) etc

edit: And it's free delivery
Possible quidco/tcb

Last edited:
Soldato
Tempted to get one for the festivals. Dont want to lose my good phone

My thoughts exactly. Although in carphone warehouse, there's a 99p alcatel, although you have to buy £10 top up, although if you're already on the network you don't have to IIRC?

Permabanned
I liked the cheap motorola that had a very simple black and white screen a couple of years ago, was a tenner or something

preffered that as I just hate looking at cheap small colour screens! :p

edit: its the w210.

simple phone. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
orange do a cheap samsung for ''free'' if you put 10 quid credit on

my grandad took them up on the offer then promptly put the phone through the wash. went in the shop with his broken phone and sim card and for another tenner they gave him another phone and 10quid credit onto his old sim. basically getting a free phone everytime you top up although im guesing they where just being nice too him and dont normally do that unless you get a new sim

Associate
I agree these are superb, just picked up 2 of them, also picked up a nokia 2760 for £5 in a local cash / exchange type shop boxed with charger headphones etc network unlocked, I know it's old but it's ideal for knocking about and couldn't care less if I lose it as it's cheaper to buy a phone now than a packet of smokes or a portion of fish n chips lol

Soldato
Just ordered 2 of these :)

One will stay in the car and the other will be at work. Never known when you might be short of signal on your main phone or run out of juice while out in the car and can have a fully charged one in your glove box :)

Cheers OP for the link/info

Back
Top Bottom