Spotify on Andriod

Soldato
Tend to use Spotify a lot at home on the PC and was wondering what it's like on a mobile device, say while driving and streaming the music? I've got a Hero and was wondering about 2 things:-

a. Battery life, does it decrease it a lot? Will be getting an in car charger so not much of an issue
b. Mobile bandwidth, does it use a LOT of my available bandwidth from Orange? Don't want to rack my bill up

Cheers

Soldato
I streamed about 40 minutes of music today and used 50MB of data and about 20% of the battery on my Magic.

You need a 3g connection to stream music as well. Alternatively you can have a 'to play' playlist that you've downloaded over wifi and stored on the SD card.

Man of Honour
Does it work like on the PC and cache the songs once you've played them once? or does the mobile version only stream? on the PC I only get through about 250MB in a month as my regular playlists are already cached locally.

Soldato
I use it on my x10, its a decent service. Although im unsure if its worth the money doing it every month, considering you dont own any of the music at the end of it :)

Soldato
Downloading music over WiFi is great... wanted to listen to Zeitgeist by the Smashing Pumpkins on the way to work today, loaded up Spotify, found the album, set to playlist, synced and downloaded in a minute.

Soldato
Well I did it. I am now entirely free of any Apple hardware and software from my life. I feel lighter and liberated.

I now work with my HTC Desire and Spotify however I must say that as an interface and as a tool for organising your music it is pretty poor. I'd love to be able to sort by band or by track name but all I get is a list of my Playlists.

I love the instant music thing, I love being able to grab whatever music I like (within the library limits) and have it playing in seconds. What I don't like is the average way it sorts music (i.e. not at all) and the poor UI... must do better - I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it. Maybe the Zune HD is a better option?

Man of Honour
Lack of sorting is awful, and really needs to be implemented/fixed.

Hmmm unless you sort on the PC and next time it syncs offline it'll pick up the new order, but I don't think so; just seems to have the playlists in the order in which you added the songs.

Soldato
If you have a FUP of 500mb with Orange i wouldn't worry about your usage too much.

I regularly go over 1gig each month, and never had anything said or been changed.

Infact this month im on 1509.6MB atm, and my bill does not reset intill the 24th :o (infact it could be more than that, it says it could be up to 48 hours old, oooops)

Soldato
I was thinking of getting a premium account but the lack of EQ on the software

I never really get why people love EQ's so much. But then I've always chosen headphones (and speakers) with the sound signature that I wanted and wouldn't want to ruin it with EQ's...

You can add 'only plays 1 track in search results at a time' to the list. It is making me want to cancel my subscription. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom