iPhone question

Soldato
I have an iPhone (3GS version) with 4.0 updated and I need help...

I have loads of .txt documents on my PC which I want to put on my iPhone to read...how do I do it for FREE?

Any help would be appreciated :)

box

box

Associate
I have no idea, search in iTunes? I would, but I can't really be bothered.

Why did you bother posting??

OP, not sure if this is the easiest way, but I believe this would be possible through the iBook reader thing that's now in iOS4 if you convert those .txt files to PDFs.

You might get more useful replies by asking in one of the Apple forums.

Associate
Try Dropbox, it can display lots of different file types (including .txt). You have a folder on your computer that you store files in, that folder is then synced to Dropbox's cloud and you can access them on your phone.

It free (for 2GB of storage) and so is the iPhone app. I use it for a selection of documents I sometimes need to access on the go and it works really well. It takes a while when you first sync stuff (I have about 1.5GB uploaded and it took a few of hours) but after that only parts of documents (or photos, videos etc.) that change are synced.

Or convert them to PDF, drag and drop in to iTunes and use Apples free iBooks app to view them. Its part of the feature set for iOS 4.

Commissario
Dropbox is ideal for this, if you then flag a file as a favourite, Dropbox downloads a copy and keeps it local for you so you can look at it at any time whether you have any connectivity or not.

Back
Top Bottom