How much do you spend on a night out ?

Associate
Thought this would be a good topic of discussion.

I go "out out" at least once a week sometimes twice.

I usually take out £40 if i'm out with the lads or abit more if i'm with my girl (luckily she doesn't drink alcohol, pineapple juice and red bulls are pretty cheap)

Tram in £2.50 or taxi £5
Entrance usually £5.00
Double vodka red bull £2.50
Beer £3.00
Taxi home £10.00

Usually equates to something around £40 even with rounds etc, which isn't too bad.

My manager at work however ends up spending around £100 or more every time he goes out... he's one of those who likes to buy everyone their drinks.

I guess it depends what day of the week you go out as well, i still go to student places so it's quite cheap, but on a saturday / friday prices rise a great deal. Just wondering how much you guys generally spend going out, either at a club / bar / pub.

Associate
About the equivalent of £100-£150 if I take a lady out. It's expensive here :rolleyes: too much to do!

Lunch - £30
Bowling & Drinks - £20
Snooker / darts & Drinks - £15
Karaoke & Drinks - £30
Dinner - £30

Last edited:
Associate
Normally about £30-£40. I don't really go out for massive nights out that much any more. Only on holiday, so this will buy a couple of rounds and pay for my train and then taxi home.

Associate
If I go out it's to have dinner someplace like Yo!Sushi and then hang around at a bar afterwards. Like your girlfriend, I don't drink alcohol so not much to pay drink wise and my boyfriend usually gets me J2O or something.

£5.80 train return ticket
£15 for dinner
£3 for drinks

..and that's it I think. I hardly go to places that have entrance fees.

Associate
Bottle of Frosty Jacks - £4
Entrance on Student Night - Free
Walk there and back, or a lift of a mate - also free

Usually buy a drink at the bar before going into a club as well for around £3.

So under £10 for a good night out!

Associate
Bottle of Frosty Jacks - £4
Entrance on Student Night - Free
Walk there and back, or a lift of a mate - also free

Usually buy a drink at the bar before going into a club as well for around £3.

So under £10 for a good night out!

How long do you go in a club without a drink at all? Or do you get water?

Clubs are normally pretty hot so to get people to drink more. :confused:

I never used to spend that much but the last couple of months everywhere just seems to have got that bit more expensive and bars/clubs seem even better these days at leaching the extra pounds of you. Like a lot of places are at least £2.50 for a single shot of sambuca.

Associate
this just depends where you live and where you go. i can take £10 at my mates uni and be wasted or £40 out down town here and not even feel the effects.

Caporegime
About £10 max... If going to a club instead of a meal or something.

Normally walk (begrudge getting a taxi for something 20 mins walk away!)
£3-5 entry
£2-5 on a couple of pints of coke...

:p

I very rarely do rounds as I don't very often drink alcohol. Meant I got a bit unhappy spending £20 on a load of £2.50-£3 pints and getting half a pint of coke on other peoples turn... :(

There are only so many nights I can go out and spend £20 on a pint/pint and a half of coke...!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom