Lost iphone

Soldato
Well it appears on a bike ride yesterday I dropped my phone. It is password protected but I am going to get it blocked.

Will that be enough? worried has my gmail account details and facebook etc...

I am 12 months into an 18 month contract, what are my options, get a pay as you go phone and a new sim for this contract?

Or can I cancel the contract? still 6 months left.

Permabanned
so for the 6months you have left, you would have to pay £180 to cancel the contract.

Best to get the sim blocked so they cant raise a stupid contract bill

Soldato
OP
so for the 6months you have left, you would have to pay £180 to cancel the contract.

Best to get the sim blocked so they cant raise a stupid contract bill

Think they would let me reduce it slightly, I mean I wouldn't be able to use this credit but obviously I must pay for the phone.

Or are they not nice like that?

Permabanned
When i lost my phone last year, i was on a £20 a month contract and had 10months left.

They made me pay the full amount to stop the contract. Also had to pay another £40 for a el cheapo phone to use while they sorted the sim out.

Soldato
OP
They have barred the phone and are sending me a new sim, wont cancel unless I pay 180.

No point in canceling it and wasting 6 months of internet/texts/calls. might sell it to my brother as a cheap Pay as u go wont cut it, in the next 6 months I really am going to really need a smartphone.

Damn. :( that is 180 + whatever the phone is worth.

Ah well apple is gay anyway. Galaxy S here I come.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
when I ordered my iphone the internet was special because it was an iphone and apparently unlimited.

I read this has now changed, would that be grounds to terminate the contract as they have changed the service?

Associate
have you thought about making a household insurance claim if you're covered?

Where I work we're having to pay out for iphone 4 for people since the only 3GS on some networks now is the 8gb one which isnt like for like for an old 16 or 32 3GS

Soldato
when I ordered my iphone the internet was special because it was an iphone and apparently unlimited.

I read this has now changed, would that be grounds to terminate the contract as they have changed the service?

Existing contracts aren't affected so no you can't use it to terminate the contract. Everybody would be doing it if it was allowed.

Soldato
I would just keep your contract and phone number, buy a phone for £80-100 and look forward to your next upgrade. With 6 months left you should be able to upgrade in 3-5 months anyway.

Associate
If I were you I'd change all the passwords on your mail/fb/whatever accout that were linked to your iphone - just in case
sorry for you ... such things really suck :-/

Soldato
OP
I have home insurance thankfully so I might make a claim.
my brother will take the sim card off me and give me some money if I want assuming I trust him not to go crazy.

However last night I purchased a Samsung galaxy S.

Passwords will be changed, thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom