Trackdays, more specific, racing experiences, value ?

Soldato
Hello,

On today's dutch Ibood offer, there's a Formula 3000 experience of 1 hour for a cicuit of my choice, for 99 euros ( there's about 40 extra costs for the fuel & track) so 140 euros for a Formula 3000 experience. I'm very tempted to just do it but I'm wondering if it is a good price. EDIT: it appears to be theory and driving 1 hour together, the (driving) experience is 15 kilometers...

I can pick any of the following circuits :
•Locaties Nederland: TT Circuit Assen, Circuit Zandvoort
•Locatie België: Circuit Zolder
•Locaties Duitsland: Hockenheim Grand-Prix Circuit, Nürburgring, Lausitzring, Oschersleben, Sachsenring

Anyone been in a Formula 3000 car and how much did it set you back, how long were you able to drive ?

Last edited:
Associate
Formula 3000 cars are very serious racing cars, basically one step below F1. There's not a chance a novice would be let loose in one.

The links you posted are Formula 3 cars. I very much doubt you'd drive one of those either. You'll probably turn up and find an ancient Formula Vauxhall Lotus car or something.

Basically don't bother. Those links are very misleading.

Man of Honour
If you've not done any single seater experience before, don't do a F3000 one. Start with something like Formula Fords - the F3000's are very serious machines indeed and you probably won't enjoy it. The Formula Fords are much more fun.

Also the Formula Fords are much cheaper to repair. ;)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
you never cease to amaze me with your bizarre posts.

What possible insight can OcUK give you into dutch ferrari experiences ?
Ferrari?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think F3000 cars found in the Netherlands would differ much from those in the UK..

Caporegime
Missed the fact he wanted specificly F3000

but he's being charged in euros for a start, and we all know that its not an accurate comparison if you just use todays exchange rate as that changes every day

combine that with the fact none of us here will have experience of that company theres not a lot of advice we can give.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
You can still give opinions on the product itself.
Even taking the money into account, £100 for any F3000 experience is a good deal.

Soldato
OP
Well too late now, all the codes have been sold out anyhow :(.

Should have done it. The package included:
15 km in a normal vehicle explore the track
60 minutes theory & some training
15km in the formula 3000 car.

It was including all risk insurance without any excess.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have actually driven a March F3000 car running a Judd 3L many years back and I promise you, if this is a full house F3000 car for 99 euros it will have killed many people already......which leads me to think it's 1 lap or running about a 6K rev limit (which means well off cam!). I didn't pay as I was running it for someone at Brunters many years back but quickest thing I've driven by a country mile. These things tend to be lots of talk, some time in slower cars then 3 laps, out lap, full lap, in lap in the quick car and unless you are used to such cars it will take a hell of a lot longer to get anywhere close to a pace as you won't fit it well, will be scared to **** to press the loud pedal and will maybe die dead.

Soldato
Not seen or heard much about F3000 before so YT'd it.

To answer the question for that other thread "what is FAST", well this is your answer!
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom