Can't unlock cores

Associate
Hi all,

Just upgraded my rig with an AMD Phenom X2 550BE and a gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard. My intention was to unlock the 2 locked cores on the cpu. I bought the CPU from a reputable seller on Fleabay who stated in the listing that it was a guaranteed unlocker. I tried to unlock the cores as per instructions for this board by enabling ACC and changing to Hybrid in the bios. However when I save and restart the pc shuts down but won't reboot. I then need to clear the cmos to get it to boot.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

The full specs are
CPU and MOBO as above
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 ram
OCZ 500w Modular PSU
2 x 250GB SATA HDD's
Geforce 9600 GSO GPU

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Soldato
if it wont boot after unlock then you have faulty cores

also was it new? he must have used it to state it was going to unlock me thinks

Associate
OP
He says that they are new but he does test to see if they are unlockable and stable. His feedback is very good for the same sales. I haven't tried upping the voltage because don't know how much to increase by.

Soldato
He says that they are new but he does test to see if they are unlockable and stable. His feedback is very good for the same sales. I haven't tried upping the voltage because don't know how much to increase by.

well if it wont boot, you cant see and get into the bios right? so you can change the voltage anyway.

something is not right. you could ask him what board he used although i dont think this should matter because it should unlock regardless of the board if im correct.

what is the listing number?

Associate
OP
well if it wont boot, you cant see and get into the bios right? so you can change the voltage anyway.

something is not right. you could ask him what board he used although i dont think this should matter because it should unlock regardless of the board if im correct.

what is the listing number?

Hi

Listing number is 260602537268. I have emailed him and he has agreed to to exchange the cpu. Silly question, but how much does a Phenom II weigh? He wants to know how much it will cost for me to return it but I don't have any meansto weigh it. I was thinking about 120gms. Is that about right?

Back
Top Bottom