F10 5 Series Saloon M-Sport pictures

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16865151 said:
You ended up with something that looks boring and generic, and no different to the 8 billion 320 diesels out there.

I'm bitter about it, becuase the original owner of my car did the same thing, and finding the next car will be a ballache because most people are dull and go for tediously boring black and silver.

Boring and generic to you, really nice and exactly what I want to me...where what you are after has no appeal at all to me and is in my eyes horrible. The balsa wood coloured interior or the horrible terracotta red are just awful

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16865193 said:
I dont think you can argue black and silver is not generic, given it appears in 90% of 3 Series.

So what I'm not bothered if its generic in your eyes it's what I wanted so that's what I bRought. The other interior colour combos just don't do anything for me and in my view have ruined many cars I've looked at. I struggled to find the colour combo that I wanted and there were no others available in the country at the time. The others had either light interiors or wrong exterior colours

Soldato
OP
*Grabs popcorn* I agree with fox on this. Black is incredibly boring,the only good thing about it is black leather is easy to keep clean.

Man of Honour
Yea, black interiors wear incredibly well. Mine remains to this day utterly immaculate, not sure if it would if it was cream.

Caporegime
A few pages late but have to agree about the rubbing strips. Seems a strange thing that a lot of new cars these days don't have them. Just leaves your car wide open to some ******* to slam his door into your paintwork :(

Soldato
Damn, I never read the actual thread, think it was before my time, but from what I have pieced together its a good joke to tell about leather?
Anyone got a link to the origins?

Man of Honour
I had the interior out of my car when I was changing the suspension. I was sat on ocuk posting with it behind me when I happened to notice that I appeared to have damaged the leather with a pretty big sort of weird impression on it. I figured I'd found out if anyone on ocuk had any tips for fixing it, perhaps by heating with a hairdryer or something. Instead I got 5 pages of personal insults for being bothered about the condition of my car.

Then when I put the interior back in I discovered it was actually an imprint where the seatbelt rests, which is why I'd only noticed with the interior out of the car.

But like most things on OcUK, once the bandwagon sets off..

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;16865663 said:
I had the interior out of my car when I was changing the suspension. I was sat on ocuk posting with it behind me when I happened to notice that I appeared to have damaged the leather with a pretty big sort of weird impression on it. I figured I'd found out if anyone on ocuk had any tips for fixing it, perhaps by heating with a hairdryer or something. Instead I got 5 pages of personal insults for being bothered about the condition of my car.

Then when I put the interior back in I discovered it was actually an imprint where the seatbelt rests, which is why I'd only noticed with the interior out of the car.

But like most things on OcUK, once the bandwagon sets off..

Why did you take the trim out?

Permabanned
I wish my E60 530i was a more interesting colour combo than black/black/silver but I had a specific list of options I wanted and it's hard enough to find 530i's at all let alone one with all the options I wanted (Media pack, Visibility pack, M Sport, USB/iPod connectivity, heated seats) plus I have a 6 month old baby so black leather is the easiest to look after. The carbon black makes up for it though, I love the blue tint in the sun and I'm sure I'll find a decent set of wood at some point which will make it all new to me inside again. ;)

Associate
[TW]Fox;16864857 said:
Big news here is that this is a 535d - a previously unannounced model. Good to see it making a comeback :)
Indeed. I don't know why it wasn't announced originally. Do we know which engine it uses yet? The E60's engine or that from the new 740d?

Man of Honour
No idea yet but I would imagine it will be the unit from the 740d. Quite why it has kept its 535d name whilst the 7 Series became the 740d I've no idea.

Back
Top Bottom