My Car doesn't have Air Con - is there anything I can do to stop melting?

Soldato
OP
It's a mini, stop filling up the rust holes thereby creating ventilation.

Fair enough I do have a few little bobbles of rust coming in the usual place which needs a little attention but its not that bad. :)

EDIT: and main problem with the air vents is that on a hot day - especially on the motorway, "it just turbo charges warm air into my face". :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Take an cooler box filled with ice cubes along with you, as you're driving along put an ice cube down your back every mile or so (adjust distance based on personal preference) and you should feel much cooler.

Alternatively if opening the windows isn't doing enough for you then you may have to accept that there's not much that can be done about it without some serious effort or changing your car to something with air conditioning.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Fair enough I do have a few little bobbles of rust coming in the usual place which needs a little attention but its not that bad. :)

EDIT: and main problem with the air vents is that on a hot day - especially on the motorway, "it just turbo charges warm air into my face". :p

How bloody hot is the air on the motorway? Even on a hot day air from the vents tends to be cool when going past you at a rate of knots! Unless on the MPis the vents are hooked up to the always-blowing-hot blower unit.

Associate
- Get entire air con system from another car scrap yard
- bolt on to mini using fan belt pulley for power
- Profit?

EDIT - fit a supercharger while you are at it ? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How bloody hot is the air on the motorway? Even on a hot day air from the vents tends to be cool when going past you at a rate of knots! Unless on the MPis the vents are hooked up to the always-blowing-hot blower unit.

It's not so much how hot the air is when on the motorway and having windows down only a tad is alright. But I find that with both windows fully down the car gets buffeted by the wind. :(

Oh and for some reason the hot/cold switch which you push in for cool air or pull for hot air seems to be stuck. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I wouldn't have thought it would have made a difference when the heater fan is not turned on. :confused: :o

Last edited:
Soldato
thatcabbielook.jpg

?
:D

Associate
How would I be able to setup powering said unit? :rolleyes: ;)

I haven't got a cigarette lighter or anything remotely like it. :o
Inverter in the boot connected directly to the battery then a cable fed through the parcel shelf works well for me. You can even just loosen a speaker a tad to run a cable through if you don't want to drill a hole.

Oh and for some reason the hot/cold switch which you push in for cool air or pull for hot air seems to be stuck. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I wouldn't have thought it would have made a difference when the heater fan is not turned on. :confused: :o
This probably will make a difference. That push/pull knob blocks the pipe in the engine bay that flows into the heater matrix in the cabin, which radiates a lot of heat when filled with hot water.

Soldato
OP
Inverter in the boot connected directly to the battery then a cable fed through the parcel shelf works well for me. You can even just loosen a speaker a tad to run a cable through if you don't want to drill a hole.

This probably will make a difference. That push/pull knob blocks the pipe in the engine bay that flows into the heater matrix in the cabin, which radiates a lot of heat when filled with hot water.

Thanks for getting back to me and yeah that sounds like a good idea. ;)

From the sounds of it your a mini owner as well? :cool:

What unit would you recommend?

Have you seen how much room there isn't in a classic mini engine bay?

Yeah
enginesi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom